Moto Z Force - Bluetooth I cannot hear callers but they can hear me
JENBENNY
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since early Jan, my car Bluetooth has ben having issues.  I can make calls and answer calls but I cannot hear the caller.  The caller can hear me.  I reset my phone to factory settings and I also deleted phone from car Bluetooth and re-pared it.  But the caller still cannot here me.

Help!  I have googled and tried just about every suggestion and still doesn't work.  In Chicago, we must use hand free while driving so this is really important to get fixed.

Jen T.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto Z Force - Bluetooth I cannot hear callers but they can hear me
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JENBENNY, 

Making sure you're driving handsfree is a must and we understand how important it is for your Bluetooth to work properly. While we're unable to troubleshoot vehichle Bluetooth issues, we can help ensure your device is working as it should. Are you having any issues being heard when using other Bluetooth devices with your phone? What changes were made to your device prior to the car Bluetooth issues? What software version do you currently have installed on your phone? Check by going to Settings > About phone > Build number. 

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JENBENNY
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, thanks for trying to help! 

�I have no other blue tooth devices to try to hookup to my car.

�I really do not remember any changes happening to the phone before the issue started to happen.  I do not use blue tooth daily but noticed it wasn't working starting the first week of January.  It may not have been working for longer but that is when I noticed it.

�It is software version NCLS26.118-23-13-6-1.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JENBENNY, 

Thanks for sharing those details with us. The good thing is that you have the most recent software version for your phone. What year/make/model car do you have? Try placing your phone into Safe Mode using the steps shown on this link http://vz.to/2EXKi56. Once in Safe Mode try out your Bluetooth connection with your car and see if you're able to hear your callers. 

ShawnteJ_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JENBENNY
Enthusiast - Level 1

My car is a 2009 Nissan Rogue.  Never had in issue until now.  I will try safe mode tonight and advise.

0 Likes
JENBENNY
Enthusiast - Level 1

My car is a 2009 Nissan Rogue.  I put the phone in safe mode and made the call.  The phone call connected.  But I could not hear the other phone ringing thru the bluetooth and could not hear them talking when they answered.  I could hear them thru the phone only.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JENBENNY,

I appreciate those details, as hands-free Bluetooth is definitely a safe way to go if you need to handle a call while driving. Is this Bluetooth a factory-installed car kit? Should it be helpful, check out this Z Force-specific link (: http://vz.to/2EPZ1eS . Going another route, to make sure the phone's Bluetooth is working, I see you mentioned you did not have another Bluetooth device to try

RussellM_VZW

JENBENNY
Enthusiast - Level 1

Correct. I do not have another blue tooth enabled item to test.  My car had bluetooth factory installed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JENBENNY,

The information you provided is greatly appreciated. I want to ensure we are taking the right steps to getting your phone connected to the Bluetooth properly. Have you tried these steps http://spr.ly/6583DrEnL to make sure your device is connecting properly? 

ChetonJ_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JENBENNY
Enthusiast - Level 1

I deleted my phone and tried pairing it again last week.  I tested it and I still cannot hear the person that I call nor can I here their phone ringing.  They can here me.

0 Likes