Moto Z Force - Bluetooth no longer connects after Feb installation
bcc

And once again, something is wrong with another installation update.  First, my Bluetooth completely stops working when there is a scheduled installation update.  This is a huge safety issue that Verizon/Motorola should be concerned about since this stops everyone from being able to drive hands free or walk hands free until the installation update is complete.  I defer my installation updates because I dread what will get worse on my phone.  Now that the installation is complete, my phone no longer recognizes my Bluetooth.  Amazing.  Who vets these installation updates? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto Z Force - Bluetooth no longer connects after Feb installation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bcc, we can certainly understand your concern with the Bluetooth issues. We want you to have a fully functioning device so let’s work together to see what’s going on and how we can get this fixed for you. Since this issue has been happening, what steps have been tried to get the device going? (We want to make sure we don’t repeat the steps.) What make/model Bluetooth do you have?

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
kch5006

My bluetooth has been acting weird too. It just turns off, and then I can't turn it back on again. The connection with my car keeps dropping in and out, and it isn't syncing with my Fitbit. I keep restarting my phone. That worked for a little bit. Now it only works maybe one in ten times. This is super annoying. I've tried deleting synced devices and re-adding them, and that doesn't work. I just checked my phone to make sure it doesn't need a software update, and it doesn't.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kch5006, 

Wireless connections like Bluetooth, can be convenient. You've taken some great first steps. Help is here.

How long has this been a concern?

Has your device ever connected with these same devices in the past with no concerns? If so, what change happened prior to the connection no longer working?

KatiM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bcc

How long has this been a concern? Since the last installation update in late February

Has your device ever connected with these same devices in the past with no concerns? Yes, but not anymore.

Bonnie

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bbc, 

We want to ensure you get your bluetooth up & running with your phone. Do you know what make/model bluetooth you have? Are you having this issue with one specific bluetooth device or any bluetooth devices?

ChristineJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bcc

Plantronics M70. My phone longer recognizes my bluetooth. Ridiculous since I have been using it since I got the Moto Z Force.

Bonnie

0 Likes
bcc

It appears you have been having this issue with the Plantronics M70 since Jun 2017. Why am I not surprised it hasn’t been fixed? Mine at least lasted another 6 months before the Bluetooth stopped connecting.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bcc,

Let's try placing the device into Safe Mode and see if the issues persist. See how to enable Safe Mode here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205258/.

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes
bcc

I fixed the issue myself. I had to go to the on-line Plantronics manual and find out how to re-‘pair’ my phone with the Bluetooth device. I selected the Bluetooth option from my phone and selected MORE SETTINGS. On the Plantronics Bluetooth, I kept pressing the call button (the black square button on the device) until it asked me to pair phone. On my cell phone, my Plantronics device showed up as an option and I selected it and it was ‘paired’ we are now hands free again.

0 Likes