Re: Moto Z Force Droid extreme battery drain since Oreo update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the urgency to have a working device with a full battery life. If the issue persist, please try a Factory Reset (without restoring automatically) to test your device as new. If nothing changes, please contact us over the phone at *611 from your device, via Social Media on Facebook.com/Verizon, or @VZWSupport, and via Chat at, VZW.com to take a look at your options to replace your device via warranty (if your device is within the 1-year manufacturer warranty), and there is no liquid/water, and/or physical damage to the device.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
TechCoder

I have had the same issues with my Moto Z Force Droid since the last oreo update.  The phone freezes whenever I try to use Google maps, and the battery goes from100 to 10 percent in 3 hours. Sometimes the phone shuts down at 30% battery and won't turn on again until it is charged to at least 50%.  Prior to the update, it did not have these issues. 

Verizon should allow removal of the update.

0 Likes
ryanm_vzw
Verizon Employee

Oh my, so sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your Moto Z Force Droid since the Oreo update, RE6MU. I know how fundamental it is to have a phone that doesn't freeze and provides reasonable battery life. I'm here to help. Are apps other than Google Maps freezing? Have you tried resetting the impacted apps? Here's how you can reset an app: Reset App - Moto Z Droid Edition / Force | Verizon Wireless Also, are all apps on your phone up to date?

Ryan_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER
@VZWSupport

If my response answered your
question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This
ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your
help with this!!

0 Likes
Chandler44
Enthusiast - Level 2

All dead ends ..... The problem is the stinking update as well as a bad designed battery that is useless once the update is installed. Thanks for nothing Verizon. You sell us a product that at the time was probably $800 and is now useless after a year of use. Again ... Thanks for,nothing and no solutions.

orjhawk
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Droid z-force is now a piece of junk after the Oreo update.  The battery life is now a joke.  I have to carry the original charger with me everywhere I go.  And, the problem is getting worse.

I did not want, need, or request this update.  I rejected it repeatedly.  You then forced Oreo onto my phone (that I own) against my wishes.

I have posted here, but received no helpful information.  All apps are up to date, no damage, original charger used, average-heavy user.  This WAS a great phone, one of the best I have owned.  You made it junk.  And then you don't offer any helpful solutions or even admit there is an issue.  My battery life issues started immediately after you forced the Oreo update onto my phone.  I used to get a full day routinely.  Immediately after Oreo, I now get 2 to 4 hrs.  The battery life races to zero.  No apps are listed as major culprits.  I keep the screen as dim as I can.

You have ruined my phone that I own.  Post after post here (and on Motorola/Lenovo's forum) say the same thing.  Yet, you continue to respond with ridiculous responses about how you care, and then ask inane questions with no help or solutions.  This is a classic run-around, and it is insulting.

Other than security updates (which are understood), why do you force these updates on us when we don't want them, don't need them, and do not request them? In fact, many of us do NOT want them because we have had so many experiences just like this one whereby such updates render good, working, expensive, phones that WE OWN useless.  This seems to happen about every 2 years.  You and/or the manufacturers are ruining devices that we purchased.  Even Microsoft doesn't do this. This is shameful and should be illegal.  

We, your customers, have NO say in what you do to OUR devices. Please explain how you feel this is a fair and reasonable practice.

KevinARigney
Enthusiast - Level 2

I echo that sentiment. About time we get compensation.

JAMCOL80
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issues as described in this and all the other threads related to this issue. I am strongly considering moving my 7 lines to another company.

ohbaby
Enthusiast - Level 2

You might as well get ready to move. Their solution is that they will require you give them more money to get another warranty. Then they will send you the same phone in the mail with the same problems. Genius.

lorenzop_vzw
Verizon Employee

Chandler44, this is certainly not the type of experience that we want you to have, and we are committed to working with you to finding a solution. Please check your inbox for a Private Message.

LorenzoP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

MSBNEB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Loren_VZW I did the software repair (saving my data) and it was as bad, if not worse than before. So then I decided to try the battery recalibration that I've seen here and on other threads and that did not help either. To give you an idea of what I'm seeing my battery usage details currently show that I'm at 82% battery - and that I was at full charge 10 minutes ago ! with 43 minutes of battery life left! It's totally nuts... Also, while the system repair was going on, a screen of info appeared on my phone and one of the things it said was battery ok in green text.

As a side note, your sign in process has got to be one of the most annoying I've ever encountered! If I'm signed in to my account, that's not good enough to post here, I have to sign in again. And then I have to go thru at least three screens to sign in and at least half the time it has to text me a code and "register" my laptop, which btw, I've logged in from tons of times in the past! I'm all for security, but even my bank doesn't make me jump through that many hoops over and over and over again...