Re: Moto Z Force Droid extreme battery drain since Oreo update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

posies, I understand your concern with making sure you have a working phone. I am here to assist. I have sent you a private message for further assistance with this issue.

Justin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
imprz23
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to ask this question as clear as possible. Here I go...

The Problem:

After Oreo 8.0 update my Moto z play's battery gets drained within 3-6 hours of light usage.

What I have tried but did not make a difference:

Factory reset x2

Battery re-calibration

Having no third party apps

My simple question:

Has Verizon found a solution to the battery being drained within hours of light phone usage? (Yes/No)

MSBNEB
Enthusiast - Level 2

LorenB_VZW - battery recalibration made no difference. If anything it's getting worse. Yesterday my phone shut down at least 4 times... it pops up the message that says it's shutting down because it has no battery, but after I leave it on the charge for maybe 30-60 seconds it will show very close to the percentage the battery was before it shut down (in some case yesterday, close to 90%). Has anyone in support tried to recreate this problem? It seems like it would be VERY easy to if you were using this phone as your every day phone and you were a moderate to heavy user. It's quite frustrating to have SO MANY people reporting it with no solution! I basically have to carry a charging pack with me everywhere I go now!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MSBNEB, I can certainly understand the importance of having a working device and with a battery that will not hold a charge is certainly alarming. Are you using a functioning charger/cable in a known working outlet? Is there physical damage to the device? What happens if you place your device in safe mode? This will allow you to test the device and application functionality. For instructions on how to place your device into safe mode, please click on the following link here and provide us with your results: http://spr.ly/6583EDIhF.

KevinM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
machineica

Checking in as well, Phone maybe will get 6-8 hours max. Some instability issues. Used to get 21-22 hours. i am not a heavy user and loved the batter life only charging every other day or so. Have to keep the charger handy as well. IT was noticable immediately after the oreo update. Tried most everything on here after finding this. Good to know it isn't just me.

0 Likes
DAVMCC44
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experiencing the exact same problems as everyone else in this thread and it also started after the Oreo update. Phone just dies with sometimes as much as 60% battery left. So I have to keep it plugged in most of the time.  Makes it pretty useless beyond 2 hours of use.

BECKIEB1980
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Motorola Z Force WAS a great phone until you updated my software to Oreo. Now my battery last less than 2 hours .. It's SHADY!!  Trying to force me to buy a new phone ... This phone is paid off and works great except the battery life.. I've already tried all recommended protocols.. It's the new software update that caused this. Please get a patch out soon!!!

MSBNEB
Enthusiast - Level 2

KevinM_VZW - Safe mode did NOTHING! I powered up in safe mode, battery showed 79%. Started to type a text and it dropped to 78%. I literally got maybe 10 words typed in before it popped up saying I had 0% battery and the phone shut down. This is the ONLY thing I tried to do after powering up in safe  mode! Plugged it right back in (yes, in a perfectly working outlet and with the original in the box charger) and after about 30 seconds it shows 76% battery percentage. My phone has been in a protective case the entire time I have owned it and has not had any damage. Do you really think that the hundreds of people reporting this problem all just suddenly had damage or bad outlets at the same time? I've attached one screen shot that shows some of the crazy drops in battery that I see ALL. THE. TIME.

I'll ask again - has ANYONE in support made ANY attempt to recreate this problem?? It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult...

Screenshot_20181124-155608.png

0 Likes
MSBNEB
Enthusiast - Level 2

I should add that the screenshot I attached was captured after my phone had basically been sitting idle while I was visiting a friend across town. I might have glanced at the time once or twice, but I was not actively using my phone during this two hour span.

0 Likes
jdkcpa
Enthusiast - Level 2

My battery drain issues really took a turn for the worse after I updated on November 13, 2018 with the Security Update. I went to the Verizon Store and they are worthless. So now I am here and it appears to be the same problem!

No one is going to own up to this problem!!!

Regards