Re: Moto Z Force Droid extreme battery drain since Oreo update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SOFTWIND14, having a fully functioning phone is essential. It is unfortunate that after uninstalling Appflash, the battery life has gotten worse. Thank you for trying safe mode, the next steps in troubleshooting would be to factory data reset the phone (http://spr.ly/6587E1loZ). Please ensure the phone is backed up before completing this step as we don't want you to lose your data. Also, please disable the automatic restore option for your applications.

Tionna_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Otherronklein
Enthusiast - Level 1

[removed] Customer after customer has told you the same thing. Most people with the problem don't even know how to use a forum. Most won't report a problem. Most who do are more tech savvy and and actually know what they are talking about. You apparently don't. You are being demeaning to us, your customers, by pretending this issue has something to do with our phones. It is clear what it is, so stop telling us to troubleshoot our phones when there is no fix for this problem. Just tell us what's being done to fix it. It is obviously not a a manufacturer problem either or it would be confined to a specific manufacturer. Please give us a break, help your company's reputation and report how the problem will be fixed! Do your homework. Test and troubleshoot phones yourself before you act as if the problem is on everyone's phone's configuration. Seriously!

​Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Dammaris
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree Otherronklein, this is an impressive level of avoiding the problem. I have 2 Moto Z Forces and a Moto Play and they all have this issue so it's not just the Z force. We recently just paid off the phones and right now it seems the only way to resolve this is to break a 15 year relationship with Verizon and find a new carrier. I cannot continue to be given generic responses like "Reset your phone", "Have you tried resetting your phone"," Maybe a random calibration will help you".

To be clear, I don't want something for nothing, I want what I paid for. A phone that works, right now if I don't charge my phone every 2-4 hours I will have no way to call 9-1-1 if either of my kids is hurt.

Now to cover the auto replies, I have reset my phone to factory, I have calibrated the battery, I have change the SD card thinking maybe it was bad, I have removed ALL data that I can from the phone prior to another factory reset so it wouldn't redownload everything. I've disabled all the junk apps.

So I have 3 phones and 2 different models with this issue in my house, Verizon please explain this one?

erasanen
Enthusiast - Level 1

Like so many others, the battery on my Moto Z Droid is almost useless, since it will drain to zero within hours even with no activity on the phone or its apps.  The phone is not damaged and has never been wet.  The battery issue began after the update to Android Oreo 8.0. At first I thought it would be a simple solution by installing a new battery (no can do).  The prior threads have all supported the same issue = OS Oreo update caused the battery problem.  How can Verizon and/or Google help get my Moto Z back to normal, expected battery life?

jdkcpa
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been lucky, although not the same as before Oreo, when I disabled the FlashApp that Verizon forced us to have as an App it has helped me. I know others were not as lucky.

Like everyone else I wish Verizon or Motorola would tell us what is really going on! Bench test this problem? Then get us a fix or a new phone that isn't broke!

Regards

DJGEORGE11

I am seeing all the same issues that are being reported here. Earlier today, it was kinda funny, I was reading through this thread on my phone, trying to reach the end to see if there was a "silver bullet". I was pretty amazed that the battery was holding up pretty well. But then when it showed about 72%, the phone shut down with the little "no power" symbol... Put it on the charger and it started recharging and showed 75% a few minutes later.

My Motorola Z Force will be paid off in 1 more payment... I have been having battery issues for months (since Oreo) and the only way I have been able to use my phone is using a moto mods external battery and plugging it in whenever I have the chance. Even with the external battery, I sometimes see both batteries drain in a few hours. I've about reached the end of my rope and am so sick of the lack of any progress on resolving this. I have 4 of the moto mods (camera, projector, speaker, & battery) so I'm not really wanting to move away from this phone (if there is fix pending) or jump into another Motorola product (which could have similar issues).

I really wish that Verizon/Motorola/Lenovo/Google would get it together and admit there is a problem and find a solution.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I truly appreciate all your patience with your Moto Z Force over the past few months,

DJGEORGE11. It's very discouraging to hear how much trouble has been reported with such an amazing device and I can understand not wanting to give up on the device quite yet with all the great mods you picked up. I'd like to gather a few more vital details from you to get to the device developers to get this resolved once and for all so I have sent you a Private Message here in the forum. 

Jennifer_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SOFTWIND14

Today it shut off at 91%. It is now a worthless phone that I still owe on.  This is unacceptable.

0 Likes
SOFTWIND14

Update...  Did a factory reset, uninstalled AppFlash, and made it to 77% before it shut down.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Otherronklein, you're very important to us, and we want you to have the best phone experience possible. We regret that you're having problems with your phone. We know that this can be very frustrating, but we're committed to finding the answers that you need. To find the right answers to your issues, we need to have a full understanding of your specific symptoms, and rule out possible causes. Please share what's not working on your phone. What phone do you have? When did this start?

Joel_VZW

0 Likes