Re: Moto Z Force Droid extreme battery drain since Oreo update
orjhawk
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are now 34 pages of this nonsense, with more every day.  And the same stuff on Motorola's site.

Has anyone...even one person...been helped?  This is marked "assumed answered".  Motorola's forum claims the issue is "solved".

Can even one person say their issue has been solved?

0 Likes
KevinARigney
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope, not even close.

0 Likes
ebonyr_vzw
Verizon Employee

SOFTWIND14, I appreciate those additional details. I know from experience how frustrating that matter can be as I had it occur on my Z Force also. I've since upgraded to the Z3 as my device became eligible to upgrade shortly after that device came out and I'd been tethered to a charger for almost 3 months. Only the wireless charger mod worked correctly but that was a slower charge to wait for a full charge on with a device that was still going to shut down and after awhile would shut off after dropping from 100 to 99%. I'd never updated my device software until after the issue began (and I know I should have with the security updates) but after doing all of the 6 updates I was behind, the same behavior was experienced. The issue itself was due to an aging battery even though my battery kept saying in good health with health checks. You mentioned you're a few months away from your upgrade. Do you know if your device is covered under an extended warranty plan?

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
orjhawk
Enthusiast - Level 2

So...your answer was just to give up and spend more money?  You do realize that "eligible for upgrade" simply means you have finished paying for the phone, right?

When you finish paying for your car, and get the title...do you feel that you are "eligible for upgrade", and go out and buy a new car?  What about your washing machine?  Drier?  Microwave?  Is there any other item where people behave this way?  Just because you finish paying for something, should not mean it is time to throw the item away and buy a new one.

In particular, when the manufacturer/provider are the SOURCE of ruining the device in question...why should that necessitate you throwing the device away, and giving them more of your money?

There is something very wrong with this picture and this mindset.

We did not ask for this update.  We did not want this update.  We did not need this update.  This update was forced onto our phone against our will, and were ruined as a result.  Who is responsible for this?

But you are recommending that we simply throw our now broken phones away, and buy new phones.

Shame on you.

BECKIEB1980
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hope a lawsuit gets filed.. It is so crooked to wreck my phone just because it's paid off.. FIX THIS SOFTWARE! 

KevinARigney
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed. This is such nonsense and Verizon, as the authorized provider, is

not doing a thing.

They have yet to reach out to me, either on the phone as promised or even

in this forum, especially under threat of litigation.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
chrism_vzw
Verizon Employee

Having a working device is essential, BECKIEB1980. We appreciate you reaching out and want to learn more about the issues you are experiencing. A device that only lasts two hours is a major cause for concern. Is this with use and if so what type? I know you stated the device use to work without issue but has there been any damage, to rule out all possible causes? Have there been any other recent changes to the device? Looking forward to hearing back.

ChrisM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to assist you today in any questions you may have. Are these issues happening with your device reoccuring or did this just start? JasonC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
justinb_vzw
Verizon Employee

jdkcpa, We never want our customers to feel that we are not available to help. I am here to assist. I do see that you ran into some issues with your battery after the software update. After going through several steps I see that you stated your battery has improved. My goal is to get to the bottom of this for you. Are you still having the same issue? Please provide more information so we can work to get to the bottom of this for you.

JustinB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KevinARigney
Enthusiast - Level 2

So tired of seeing the same canned answers. Either stop speaking from a

generic script or replace our broken phones with those that work.