Moto Z Force Group Messaging In Verizon Message +
moakvik

My Moto Z Force, using Message +, will send group messages fine, but will reply to group messages, initiated by others, individually. Why?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto Z Force Group Messaging In Verizon Message +
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Moakvik, it’s so critical to be able to reply to group messages.  Can you clarify exactly what you mean by “initiated by others individually?”  Are you not able to reply to any group messages or group message threads?

Sean_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
moakvik

When I initiate a group message, the message goes out as a single message to the group. However, when I reply to a group message, initiated by someone else, my reply goes out as multiple replies, one to each member of the group. The other members do not receive my reply as part of the original group message, but rather, as separate incoming texts which they then each have to answer separate from the group message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to hear you have been running into issues with the messaging plus app. We will have to dig deeper into a few things. Are the issues with you replying occurring with one specific person initiating or multiple people? Is everyone in the group message using the messaging app? 

Justin_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
moakvik

The other 3 members in my group use the following phones and messaging apps:

- Samsung S8+ with Verizon Message+

- Apple iPhone 6+ with iMessage

- Boost Mobile Moto E4+ with the       Google LLC app, Android Messages.

I, myself, use a Motorola Moto Z Force with Verizon Message+.

It seems the only time I have trouble replying to the group as a whole, regardless of who initiated the text, is when the Boost Mobile is included. Then, my replies go out as individual texts to each group member. Without the Boost Mobile, I can reply to the other two as a group.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Got it. It's common for this to occur due to carrier restrictions. We recommend that you have the Boost Mobile customer contact their carrier to see if their network is compatible for group messages.

Trinette_VZW

0 Likes