Moto Z Force Problems
SCPHARMACIST4130
Enthusiast - Level 1

I purchased a new Moto Z Force two months ago and the Verizon store finally determined that it was defective.

Since it was past the 14 day grace period, I was sent a Certified "Like New but Refurbished' replacement.

I've had this phone for just one week and it is a little more stable but 'restarts" on it's own about 4 to 5 times daily.

I normally don't purchase a extended warranty but opted in today since obviously this replacement has issues.

I followed all the recommendations the Verizon store associates suggested which includes being careful not to uninstall any goggle apps, and cautiously adding any apps.

Am I just "one unlucky person", or did I buy a real lemon of a phone?

I've been a loyal Verizon customer and had great experience with generations of Droid Phones but I'm troubled by this ongoing problematic Moto Z Force. I'm not exactly happy that I own a "refurbished" phone but that's beside the issue. They tell me that this is a great phone? Is it?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Moto Z Force Problems
Rachelkweaver
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope! Purchased April 6th and am currently on my 3rd device. I have already had dropped calls and I set up my phone as a new device. So they can't blame it on apps.

LISHAB13
Enthusiast - Level 1

I left AT&T for Verizon on 1/24/2017 and purchased a Moto Droid Z Force.  I absolutely love it.  2 months ago, while doing a software update, it died.  Could not authenticate me. Tried to reset to factory settings to no avail.  Motorola offered to charge my credit card $200 and would send me a replacement phone and when I returned mine they would release the hold. Advised them that I couldn't be without my phone for 7 to 10 days. I do not have a LAN line AND my drive to and from work is 1 hr (2 daily).  So, Verizon stepped in and offered to send me one over night with the promise that I would mail mine back within 5 days.  So, I opted to go with Verizon.  Let's move forward approx 2 months.  Used my phone all day yesterday, no problems.  Got home and placed it on charge as it was about 50%.  Texted and played a few WWF games. Put phone down (still charging with the turbo charger provided with purchase). About an hour later, went back to unplug and pushed the power on/sleep button and nothing. I've tried another charger as my roommate has the same phone. Followed all the troubleshooting steps and still nothing.  Will be taking by the Verizon store today.  My question too "Am I just the unluckiest person there is?"  2 phones?  Or could it possibly be the phones? Any help would be really appreciated. 🙂

0 Likes
FVSHUMATE
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issues with a Moto z force purchased in January!  One month after purchas, the phone locked up, needed reset to make it work, so got a replacement.  Next time an update fries my 32g SD card, the card was replaced.  Then in August the phone started to turn off & on spontaneously, then phone screen went black.  Got a replacement again.  Now this second replacement is locking up.  Now a second replacement.  This model is junk!  I have had Motorola devices my entire 18 years as Verizon customer.  I am very disgusted with this device.  I have never purchased an extended warranty because I am very careful with my phone's, but now I am purchasing the extended warranty since I his phone has failed and odds are that after January it will fail again

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

and FVSHUMATE, I'm very sorry to hear that you've all been expereincing issues with your Moto Z Force devices. We definitely understand that having to get even one, much less multiple replacement devices is not the best experience we would want for you, but we are committed to getting you a device that works consistently up to your expectations. Generally, when you've been through multipel replacements, you're aware of troubleshooting steps and have been through them multiple times. I would like to continue to work with you and determine what we've missed. I have sent each of you a direct message so we may look into any available options. Please respond there at your earliest convenience.

​​Thank you,
KarolineD_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Errant0

Same problems, I don't want a refurbished replacement phone identical to this device. If I can't have something different that is both reliable and new (like this was supposed to be when I got it) I don't see our family staying with Verizon when it comes time to renew our contract. Otherwise I am very happy with Verizon and wish I could get a different answer but all I'm am being told at the store thus far is pay it off and re-up which I have no interest in doing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd never want to see you go and definitely want you to have a good working phone at all times, Errant0. We'd like to look further into your device concerns. Please tell us more about what's going on with your phone? When did the issues start? Has there been any damage to your phone?

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FVSHUMATE
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone number is [removed] .  As you can see, I have been a customer

fir many years.  Have had Motorola devices for my entire time.  I have

never had the problems with my other phones as I have with this model that

I got in January.  You can review my logs and see the issues.  I just

signed up for the extended warranty and feel that since the model is

problematic, I should not have to pay for the extended warranty.  I have

never paid for an extension on MFG warranty because I am very careful, but

now since this model has failed 3 times in the 10 months I have had it, I

feel it will fail after January.  Very disgusting.

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

On Oct 25, 2017 8:47 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you being our long time customer, FVSHUMATE.  An extended warranty is a good idea for every device. While we don’t manufacture the phones, it’s always important to have a working device in your hands so you can enjoy the wireless network we strive to provide. I see KarolineD_VZW mentioned she sent you a Direct Message on Sunday. I have also sent one so please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to continue with either of us so we can fins the best solution.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
MT_MECHANIC

Same issues here. My original Z Force did a perpetual reboot about 4 or 5 times and then refused to turn on. The biggest issue is that I lost data. In fact I nearly lost a $3,000 sale because of that. The reaction I received from the man behind the counter was an "I'm sorry that happened, did you back up your files?" comment. I don't believe a user should have to backup their data seconds after it's been saved to the phone. Fast forward to literally one month after receiving my "refurbished" (let's be honest, its used) phone, and the same thing is happening to this one. So I go to the same store and receive a "sorry its not working but deal with it because we've got you hooked and there's no way out" response. I am so sick of this. I've been a customer of Verizon for nearly 10 years. That's going to change soon.

0 Likes