Moto Z Force bluetooth audio skipping since Nougat update
msvanhorn39

I have an issue with bluetooth audio skipping / choppy while listening to podcasts, audiobooks, and music since the Nougat update.  I can restart the phone and the issue will go away for a short time, but it always comes back.  I use a pair of LG HBS900 neckbuds.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto Z Force bluetooth audio skipping since Nougat update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to ensure that you are able to hear all your audio crystal clear msvanhorn39. Does the audio become choppy when you don't have your Bluetooth connected? Have you tried another Bluetooth headset?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
msvanhorn39

I turned off battery optimization for bluetooth and it seems to have

resolved the issue.

On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 9:02 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
Snappkd

I have same phone, same problem but instead of earphones my music skips/stutters badly when connected to both my vehicles Bluetooth decks, one is pioneer one is brand new Clarion. My Samsung S5 I had a few months played fine with all of these. What ever happened with your problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Snappkd, we don’t want this to be an ongoing problem. Have you powered your device off/on since this issue started? Did you recently download a new application or update the software on your device?

LasinaH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kchaney0112

I have the same problem on a phone that is 6 months old... Did you ever get a solution to the faulty Bluetooth?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kchaney0112, We want to make sure your device is in perfect working condition. Being able to connect to other devices via Bluetooth is a great feature to have. Let's get this working for you. What is the make and model of your device? When did this start? Have you recently downloaded a new application or Software Update? Have you powered your device off and on since this first started?

TabithaJ_VZW

0 Likes
Kchaney0112

I have the Moto z force. I have restarted the phone multiple times and no difference was noticed. There was also a system update that became available and I noticed not difference after the update was installed. The problem has been going on for about a month. I first blamed it on the Bluetooth headphones but when I wasn't able to stream music in any of my Bluetooth capable vehicles or with Bluetooth speakers it became evident the phone Bluetooth is the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the issues you're having with your device working with blue tooth devices, Kchaney. Let me keep working on getting this issue fixed.  Have you installed or updated any device apps?  Did you check to see if the blue tooth discovery mode was enabled on your phone? Here's a link to help with the process http://vz.to/2nos8hB and post back with the results.

Thank You,

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
rsoehngen

I have the same problem. Streaming SiriusXM from my Motor Z Force Droid and it skips, fairly frequently.  Tried Belkin BT receiver attached to a AV (Denon) input.  Switched to a Rocketfish BT receiver, same problem.  The phone and BT receiver are about 10 feet apart, with no obstructions (no walls, etc.).  It is very irritating, esp. after spending a lot of money for the device and then more money for the service.

What is the solution???

0 Likes