Moto Z Force droids, Battery life is no longer since last update.
rpebner

I have two Moto z force droids and ever since the last update both phones batteries only last about 7 hours if we just let them sit there and do nothing with them. if we use them we literally have to plug them into the chargers.  I'm [removed] I paid a lot of money for these and they are about 12 months old and now they are pretty much just paperweights. One started about about a month ago just rebooting itself over and over again couldn't use it. this 7.1.1 update obviously is designed to make us have to buy new phones and honestly ive been with verizon for about 15 years and if I have to buy new phones this soon I'm changing carriers.  this is ridiculus.  I wan't to know when this is getting fixed and don't tell me to check my apps, I have disabled all the apps and the only thing draining the battery is the Screen, android system, phone Idle and android os  1% each and I'm down to 62% battery in 1.5 hours. just sitting here next to me idle.

Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto Z Force droids, Battery life is no longer since last update.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to see you have the best device experience and I apologize for the frustration this has caused. Does the performance improve while in Safe Mode for a few hours? Here is a link with instructions: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205258/

0 Likes
mmr1310
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has any more be determined with this issue?  Since the latest update on my Droid Force in mid-March (NCLS26.118-23-13-6-5) my battery has randomly drained quickly and the phone just shuts down.  It will literally shut down when it has 80+% battery life.  It will shut down randomly, when you plug it in or when I try to take a photo, open an app.....in all kinds of cases.  The phone now almost always needs to be plugged into power as you never know when it will just shut down.   When it shuts down it will not reboot unless it is plugged into power.  Rather frustrating for a phone that is only a little over a year old.  And, this is not an isolated incident with my phone - there is rampant posting across the Internet about Motorola battery drain and random shut down issues across multiple models.

RODEAUX
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone did same and was replaced under warranty. New phone had been working great until 8.0.0 update 4-4-2018 now battery is not lasting like before. It would barely lose power over night sitting on night stand now it loses between 20 and 40% battery. I am not sure what the update did but it wasn't good for sure. I liked the long life of battery and am now disappointed. I hope someone will come up with a fix that works. I tried the safe mode but nothing works.

mmr1310
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm sorry to hear that it doesn't get better with another update.  This was a great phone with extended battery life until this whole debacle.  Now, its almost a paperweight.  It is practically no longer a "mobile" phone as I can't trust it not to be plugged into power as it will randomly shut down even with charge of well over 50%.  I've had it shut down with 80%+ charge.  Or it will just suddenly drain.  It then has to be plugged into power to be rebooted.  So much for what was Moto's "latest and greatest" being pushed by Verizon just a year ago. 😞

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a fully functional device is important, mmr1310.  We do want to make sure that we get this working for you.  Have you tried placing your phone into Safe Mode to see if that occurs in Safe Mode? http://spr.ly/6586DbjFk; Are all your apps up to date as well?  Any new apps that were not installed on the prior update?

AdamB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rodeaux, we always want your battery working perfectly.  A private message has been sent to you so we can assist you further.

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MARVAN65
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem. My phone battery used to last 48 hours, but for the past five days since the upgrade to 8.0 it has only lasted 20-22 hours.

I have restarted several times, including in safe mode, and the problem persists. During Safe Mode, the battery still drained quickly. My battery usage details has consistently said "System" (Android OS) and "Phone Idle" as the top culprits for battery usage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are on the right path, MARVAN65. I appreciate the clues you've included. What are your results when using the Device Health Check that's in the My Verizon app? 
Here's how to run it:
 https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206364/
We're mainly interested in the Battery portion. 

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MARVAN65
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only alerts in the battery section were screen timeout and location services. I adjusted the screen timeout to be a little shorter, but my screen usages was never the problem. 33% of the battery drained while I was asleep and my phone was sitting idle.

I limited a few apps that had location services; and only left those where it's important.

All other portions showed now issue, including "Apps draining battery" and "Apps delaying sleep mode".

0 Likes