Re: Moto Z Force droids, Battery life is no longer since last update.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the details, Krehetin. I know how important it is to have a reliable working device. Let's run some more tests and look into this further. Can you please start your device in Safe Mode, and then test battery life length? Here is a link on how to perform this step: http://spr.ly/6580DoRkQ . I would like to compare if the battery length improves while in Safe Mode. 

Marshall_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's imperative that your phone gives you the performance and operation that you expect, DOUBLETTRAINING. I know you have a number of issues and I'd like to address each. Regarding the battery life, are all apps and the operating system up to date? You can check for updates to apps by going to the Play Store, menu icon in top left, my apps and games and tap "update all" if available. For the operating system, go to settings, system updates and "check for system updates". If an update is available then please download and apply it. Which apps are having the issues with notifications? Regarding your icons appearing smaller, go to settings, display and "display size" to configure. Lastly, which driving feature are you referring to exactly?

Ryan_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Krehetin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've already done that.. Safe mode makes no difference

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018, 9:30 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for what you've done on your end, Krehetin. I am confident that we are going to resolve the battery issue your device has. Please run a device health check on your device. This link provides the instructions you need. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206364/ Please let us know what the battery issue was and if it was resolved after following the steps that were provided .

-Jacob_VZW

0 Likes
PKS1963

Add my name to the list of proud owners of a $650 landline. I have EXACTLY the same problem as everyone else. Phone on charger says 100%... unplug it and it dies within seconds... restarts at 1% and shuts down... plug into charger and it starts at about 80%

If you ask me, it seems like a reporting problem. The OS seems to have a problem knowing how much power the battery has left. It's all over the place. You can't tell me programers don't know what's causing this.

I just wish customer service would be honest and tell us where the problem lies and who to complain to. Is it Verizon, Motorola or Android (Google). But they won't... they'll just pretend to try to "solve" the problem by asking a bunch of stupid question. The truth is, boys and girls... they know all about this issue.

Note to Verizon customer service: DO NOT REPLY TO THIS NOTE ASKING ME IF I HAVE TRIED PUTTING MY PHONE IN SAFE MODE OR I WILL LOSE IT. Read this (ad dozens of other) threads before you comment. The problem is an OS problem and can only be fixed with an OS update.

For sure I will never buy another Motorola... but based on the lack of Verizon's interest in this problem I will likely be looking at other carriers. Unfortunately, I still owe about $200 on this useless phone.

0 Likes
TERSAN31

My Droid is doing the same as all these others.  I got rid of my landline so now it's like I have NO PHONE.  Yes, all my apps are up to date.  Yes, I checked all the other things you mentioned.  It shuts down even with 80% charge, just randomly.  It won't turn back on.  When It does, it's charged to 99%!  It's worthless to me as it is.  I hadn't made the connection to the last update until I read everyone else's responses.  I'm within five  months of having this brick paid for, so what do I do until then?  And you might not thing it's anything, but I was  up to level 656 on a match-3 game, and when I finally got the phone to come back on, my game account had been replaced with some Korean person's and my game was GONE.  I might pay this brick off and get a TracFone.  They seem to be cheaper and more reliable.  Tell me, what am I supposed to do?  Seriously.  Don't tell me to check everything, as apparently from reading everyone's responses, that's not the issue.  I'm very unhappy because now I have NO PHONE.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand that these issues are frustrating and we can provide as much help as needed. We can look at replacement options if the device has no physical or liquid damage and is within 1 year manufacturer warranty, however we'll need to do troubleshooting to be able to do this. If the device has damage or it's outside of the 1 year manufacturer warranty, it can be replaced if you have Total Mobile Protection. Please let us know if any of these two apply and if you'll like to continue troubleshooting. 

Abraham_VZW

0 Likes