Moto Z Force screen locks up/shuts off all the time
MELHIL57
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why does my Moto Z Force keep shutting itself off and/or the screen freezes and I have to do a soft reset?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto Z Force screen locks up/shuts off all the time
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MELHIL57, we want you to have a working phone. Let's get this fixed. When did this start? Does the phone shut down during an application, action, or at random?

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MELHIL57
Enthusiast - Level 1

This happens at random.

0 Likes
MELHIL57
Enthusiast - Level 1

It started about a month or so ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying. Is the phone heating up while in use? Can you attempt using it in Safe Mode to see if it freezes again?

0 Likes
MELHIL57
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sometimes it heats up while in use but not always.  I don't want to use it in Safe Mode I will lose all my stuff.  Is there an alternative?  How can I use in Safe mode without losing my stuff?  my Verizon cloud is full already.

0 Likes
juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

I appreciate the details. I can reassure you that safe mode will not remove any of your phone's content. This will stop all third party applications to tell us if an application is causing your device to freezes up. Please refer to the following link on how to place your phone is safe mode Restart in Safe Mode - Moto Z Droid Edition / Force | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
GMONEYGROSS
Enthusiast - Level 1

These answers from Verizon are ridiculous.  The issue with "the phone freezing, then shutting off randomly", has been happening with this phone all over the place, many users, since September.  I've verified that the issue is with the phone update, not other apps.  The issue happens very randomly, and not necessarily every day. Yet, Verizon is expecting us to "run our phone in Safe mode"?.  Seriously?  You want me to run my phone in safe mode ALL DAY, and EVERY DAY, in order to pinpoint the issue?  Sorry Version.  You need to fix this.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GMONEYGROSS,

We are fans of running apps on our devices all day long too. We can relate to how you feel being without them, when in Safe Mode. Since phones are computers, and apps are made for a variety of different makes/models, apps can cause devices to misbehave. Safe Mode helps determine if the concern is with the device itself or something installed  the device which is not compatible. Any software or app update can change the behavior of a device. Especially if what is installed in your device ins't compatible. I hope this provides clarity, as to why Safe Mode is a vital step. What happened when you placed your device into Safe Mode?

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MELHIL57
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have tried safe mode and it still happens.  I refuse to keep my phone in safe mode 24/7 as I cannot do anything but text or call.  I also feel its ridiculous to expect this.  People I know have soooo many apps on their phones and their phone doesn't do what mine does.  My husband and friends all have this phone and all complain of this issue.  So I'm not buying that it's just an app causing it.

0 Likes