Re: Moto Z Force with Android 7.1.1 battery life
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you have a working device that you can use without any of the current issues  you are having. With regard to your device I want to review your phone in more detail. Please message us directly by responding to the private message I've sent you. 

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
exvisory

See Issues with 7.1.1 update for a very similar sounding problem. To me it looks like you troubleshooted your battery drain problem correctly and it is related to the update (although probably not affecting everyone). Member DSMUSICBOX​ seems to have been able to obtain a warrany replacement from Verizon.

0 Likes
MADMAXMUTT
Enthusiast - Level 3

LOL!  David, just search 7.1.1 and Motorola if your info " does not show any known issues with the update causing the battery trouble you and your friend have experienced".  There are tons of problems with the 7.1.1 update on all of the Moto phones. There are many of your techs responding the same way in each thread. T-shoot 101 is all there is. That is not fixing the problems.

Onthebrink
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been dealing with this issue for awhile myself. I think mine is a worst case scenario. My Moto z Droid will power down at 60-70% and will not power back on until plugged in. I don't know how at add a screenshot yet but once I do I will show you what my battery history looks like. I keep waiting for the new Android update in a few weeks, that's a joke, and hoping after that I will be able to use my phone without it being plugged in.

Onthebrink
Enthusiast - Level 2

Screenshot_20180430-230144.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Onthebrink,

Help is right here for you! Let's get this battery life energized again. I appreciate the screenshots. In the below descriptions, would you say you are a "heavy user", "moderate user" or "light user"?

Heavy User
• Frequent use of streaming services (i.e. Pandora, YouTube, Play Music, etc.)
• Frequent use of applications (i.e. Games, Facebook, Instagram, Maps, etc.)
• Frequent web browsing, texting, email, or phone calls.
• Frequent use of Bluetooth, GPS, or Wi-Fi.

Moderate User
• Occasional, light, or no use of streaming services (i.e. Pandora, YouTube, Play Music, etc.)
• Occasional or light use of applications (i.e. Games, Facebook, Instagram, Maps, etc.)
• Occasional or light browsing, texting, email, or phone calls.
• Occasional or light use of Bluetooth, GPS, or Wi-Fi.

Light User
• Very light, or no use of streaming services (i.e. Pandora, YouTube, Play Music, etc.)
• Very light to no use of applications (i.e. Games, Facebook, Instagram, Maps, etc.)
• Very light to no browsing, texting, email, or phone calls.
• Very light to no use of Bluetooth, GPS, or Wi-Fi.

Are you using the original charger to charge your phone & have you recently installed any new apps?

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Onthebrink
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would consider myself a moderate user with the original charger no new

apps and I have done a factory reset twice with no changes in the battery

life situation.

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018, 11:05 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Onthebrink, having your battery working properly is so important.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

Sean_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DSMUSICBOX

I did NOT receive a warranty replacement (I'm not sure why it was said that I did - I am dsmusicbox) and am still having the same issues. Overnight my operating system used 20%, and I went from 80% to 19% battery from 11pm to 7am. I was not awake and not using the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dsmusicbox, making sure you have a battery that can hold a charge is very important. It seems odd that the battery will drain that quick overnight when it's not being used. How long has this been going on with your device? Is there any physical or liquid damage to the equipment? Please keep me posted.

Kevin_VZW

0 Likes