Moto Z recent update!
BM88

My Moto Z battery dies in 1 hr after the new update, any suggestions on how to fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto Z recent update!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BM88,

It's never any fun to have a phone with a short battery life. I rely on my battery life too and I will be happy to get this fixed for you. Allow me to gather some more information. Are you charging your Moto Z with the original manufacturer's charger? Has the Moto Z or the charger been exposed ot any type of liquid or physical damage?

JuanD_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PICTUREPURFECTRN
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this problem as well. I have never had any problems with the life of my battery until this update. Since the update, like other users, my apps are not working right. I get many alerts that apps stopped working and were closed. Some apps freeze up. Some apps won't update. I have deleted the apps and some won't reload. I also freed up space on my phone to allow more room and I do have a 64 MB mini SD card inserted also. Additionally I have gone in and manually deleted some photos, they disappear and then reappear again within a few minutes like they were never deleted. I have cleared the cache and was thinking of doing a factory reset like another user but since it did not help them I do not want to do that yet. It seems like this update has [removed] everyone's phones up. I would like to uninstall this update and go back like it was. I attempted to update via the software assistant and the data cord that I purchased from verizon is not recognizing my phone to update that way.  Additionally, I noticed there were multiple new apps on my phone after the update that I did not download myself and I deleted those. A few were games, i forget all the names but figured they were taking up space that i needed for my phone to work right. The verizon check up says my phone is working fine. Like the other user it says the android system is using 20% of the battery.

It almost seems like this update was meant to kill our batteries, and sabotage apps to force us to buy new phones. Ridiculous.

And before asking, I have not used any cords that did not come with my phone or were not from verizon. I had completely no issues with this phone until the update occurred. Previously the battery would last 12 hours with heavy use and 24 or longer with little use. Now it lasts about 2 hours with little use.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

tylerk_vzw
Verizon Employee

PICTUREPURFECTRN, we understand needing to keep your device functioning. Just to confirm, how is the phone functioning both without the SD card and while in Safe Mode? If the same, please let us know!

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

BoomerD_
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still doesn't help

barthell

I am having the exact same problems with my Moto Z after update...although my phone lasts about 45 minutes tops, even while running nothing. Have done the health check-up thing, says a program that isn't even installed is forcing my phone to not sleep.  I too am unable to have my phone unplugged while using it, if I do it simply turns off...when I plugged it in with the factory supplied cord it immediately says there is at least 45% charge before I turn it back on. Very frustrated that my phone is essentially useless.  Also, my hotspot is not working properly and the display has changed...no longer showing connected devices.  I have done a ton of troubleshooting, from cache wipe to battery recallibration and nothing works.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

barthell, We appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you've completed. Our goal is to make sure you have a reliable phone at all times. Are you using the original charger?

0 Likes
Lizlem
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did this ever get resolved?? My battery drains in less than an hour. Another app I installed point to the Android system as the source of the battery drain. However, because of the update, it will not allow further diagnosis due to security updates.

This is my only business phone and has become useless unless it remains connected to the charger.

0 Likes
JGwiz
Contributor - Level 1

With the last update on the Moto Z Force, Verizon, in their infinite misguided wisdom, decided to include/bury a little app called "AppFlash."   The app allowed Big Red to monitor your app usage to see what you were doing.   It's a system app, meaning it cannot be uninstalled.

There have been MANY complaints about severe battery drain after this "update."   I experienced the same problem.  The solution is to go into "Settings/Apps".  Then click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the screen and select "Show System."

Now, scroll down to find "AppFlash"   This is the offending piece of garbage.

Now select storage, then clear cach, then clear data.

Go back to the AppFlash main screen and select "Permissions" and make sure Contacts/Location/Phone are all turned off.

Go back to the AppFlash main screen and select "Data Usage" and turn off "Background data"

Go back to the AppFlash main screen and select "Force Stop"

This should disable AppFlash and, if it works for you as it did for me, will resolve your battery and performance issues.

Don't forget to thank Verizon for pushing this app onto your phone and remaining silent!

Lizlem
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much for the information!

Is there any need to disable the app?

0 Likes