Moto Z shutting down on it's own
GARVKAY1681

My wife has the Moto Z and it will spontaneously shut down at any level of battery charge. She thinks that it may have something to do with switching from one app to another.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto Z shutting down on it's own
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GARVKAY1681, it would be very annoying to have her phone shut-off like this. Let's find out what's going on. When did this start? Did she update her software or applications recently? Does her phone have physical or liquid damage?

Joel_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GARVKAY1681

This started about the first of October and the last update she remembers is July. There is no damage visible on the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GARVKAY-

We want to get to the root cause to find the best solution. I trust it can be resolved. Does it happen when she uses certain applications or while doing something in particular in the phone (i.e. making a call, sending a text, etc)? 

Carmen_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HeyRadar
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is a known issue with the Moto Z series and will happen more with high battery draining apps, like Camera, etc.

Basically your battery is defective.  You'll need to have your device replaced if under warranty.  If not, you have until 11/25 to join Open Enrollment for Extended Warranty which will cover that issue.  Your device has to be under 2 years old to join.  You've already mentioned its has no damage, which is another condition.

0 Likes