Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Moto Z2 Force woke up with "AP Fastboot Flash Mode (Secure)" message
Will49

This morning, when phone first opened it was to this message:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (Secure)
BL: MBM-3.0-nash_verizon-b9165dc-190327
Baseband: M8998_20207.117.02.41-01R NNS
Product/Varient: nash XT1789-01 64GB PVT
Serial Number ZY224R6JXJ
CPU: MSM8998 2.1 (0)
UFS: 64GB SAMSUNG KLUCG4J1ED-BOC-1 FV-0200
DRAM: 4GB SKHYNIX LP4x DIE=16Gb M5=06 M6=04 M7=00 M8=11
Console [NULL] = null
Tools Mode Config: DISABLED
Power
oem_locked
Software Status: Official
Connect USB Data Cable

I'm assuming there is software/firmware corruption, and perhaps defective hardware.  The local Verizon store claims to have seen this onced in 8 years.  It's 17 mo old, and out of warranty.  No immediately preceding drops damage.

Can I attempt a reflash on my own with a USB cable?  I understand RSD Lite is one tool, and a driver for my ThinkPad.  But what file do I flash it with, and from where?  Does is make a difference what version of Android would i start with (as in anything that has been used on this phone so far?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Moto Z2 Force woke up with "AP Fastboot Flash Mode (Secure)" message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Will49, having a properly working phone is a must. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. You can utilize our software repair tool as a way to get your device back to normal function. You'll find the Motorola Software Repair Assistant here:  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-209216/. If you're still having issues with your device after trying this option, please let us know and we can look into your device replacement options. 

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes