Moto Z3 low volume
Sarah1570

On April 24, 2020 there was a software update to my Moto Z3. Since then all of my audio isn't working properly. All of the volume settings for Media, Call, Ring and Alarm are at the maximum but I can't hear phone calls or voices, speakerphone is horrible, can't hear anything. Even notifications and alarms are too low to hear.

Is this a broken phone issue or an update bug? If I file and claim and pay my deductible will it just happen again?

Please, if there is any way to fix this please do so quickly. Talking on the phone and video calling is the only contact I have with family and friends. Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto Z3 low volume
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to hear your device, Sarah1570. Is this also happening if you use headphones or a headset?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
Yulawnder

October 2020

This is not happening with my headphones.  I cant hear my ringtones and my speaker is not working properly. My phone started acting up after the most recent update

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my phone to work well at all times and want to ensure you can rely on your phone, Yulawnder. Let's take a closer look into this. Has there been any damage to your device? When was the update completed? Since the update, have you powered the device off and made sure all apps are up to date?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
aspandler206
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was there ever a solution for this? I've had the same issue as well, no damage, and my phone is extremely quiet. I have a hearing loss in both ears, so this makes it even harder for me. Speakerphone is so quiet, I generally hold up to my ear like I'm not on speakerphone. YouTube videos...just tried playing one and it was so quiet, we switched to my boyfriend's phone, Moto Z4, which played the same video 5x louder. 

Also, I know my hearing loss isn't the issue...this phone has gotten dramatically quieter. I used to be able to play music with my phone in my pocket and could easily hear it. Now, I can barely hear it. 

Quincy3iii
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same for me. Except I just so happen to have a moto z3 not on any cell network and it works just the same as before. Though my Verizon one is making the same issues. Quit speaker. Hardly audible. Ithink Verizon or moto is purposefully breaking these phones as Iphone did.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us today. To clarify, are you sure the speaker is clear of any debris? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hearing that you are having audio issues with your device concerns us. Can you please send us a Private Message, so we can discuss? 

0 Likes
aspandler206
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I'm sure that there is no debris. This is so frustrating. There are times when the volume is so low that I just give up on trying to watch a video or that I'm pressing my phone into my ear as if that's going to help me hear it better.

Editing to add: the volume for alarms is also so quiet anymore that it doesn't even wake me up anymore. I have 5 alarms set and I sleep through them all generally. My boyfriend's Moto Z4 is the one that ends up waking me up. All volume settings are set at max volume in the settings too.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aspandler206, we understand the importance of making sure your device speaker is working correctly. We would like the opportunity to review your options. We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? Thank you. 

0 Likes