Moto z force suddenly inoperable
nwagers87

My phone has had issues freezing every once in a while, but recently it has very quickly progressed. For the past couple weeks i have had to restart my phone in order to get it to recognize my wifi. It started freezing and restarting at least once a day. As of last nightnight, I cannot do anything on my phone. Within 20 seconds of restarting, it freezes again, whether I try to do anything on it or not. On the off occasion that it lasts longer, I get an error over and over that Bluetooth is not functioning. And then it freezes. It has been a continuous cycle for for the last 24 hours.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto z force suddenly inoperable
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nwargers87, I depend on my phone to work right too. Let's get this figured out. Did anything change on the phone when the issue started? Are you getting an error message at all? Does this happen with multiple Wi-FI Network or just one? Please remove the Wi-Fi Network from your device and rejoin it. http://spr.ly/6586Dt5be

Alberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nwagers87

If it doesn't freeze right away I get a message that the Bluetooth is not functioning. It pops up over and over even though the Bluetooth is turned off....the wifi was annoying, but the bigger problem is the freezing. I am completely unable to use my phone because it freezes before I can do anything. The only change would be the last system update i did last week.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nwagers87, thank you for those details, which will help us work toward a resolution. Please use the steps on the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205251/ to remove the memory card, if there is a memory card in the device. Then use the steps on the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205258/ to restart the device in Safe Mode. There is also an embedded link that says “Alternate Method” for restarting in Safe Mode on that web page depending on the current status of the device. Please let us know if the issues persist with the device in Safe Mode.

David_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nwagers87

It does not freeze while in safe mode. It is, however, running pretty hot, and the battery is draining more quickly than normal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nwagers87, if the freezing stopped once in Safe Mode, it means this is a 3rd party application that is downloaded to your device that is causing this issue. We recommend deleting your 3rd party applications and redownloading them one by one to narrow down which one is causing the issue. 

JoelB_VZW

0 Likes