Moto z play wont stay charged
Trickey1976

The Battery is going from like 80 % to 0 % quick.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto z play wont stay charged
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to have your phone stay charged is important Trickey1976. I know you need your battery to last all day. I am sure we can figure this out for you. How long does it take for your phone to go from 80% to zero? Has anything changed recently? Have you tried another charger? 

Amber_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to stay charged is vital when it comes to your cellphone, Trickey1976. When did this begin? Can you recall if any new apps were recently installed?  Are you using the charger that came with the phone? 

Can you check the phone to make sure there is no water/moisture damage http://spr.ly/6588Dfp3r that may affect the battery life? 

Once that is done, run a Device Health Check to identify and fix common issues on your Android smartphone related to the battery, storage, or performance.

Go to your My Verizon app > tap the Menu icon in the upper left and tap Devices > tap Manage to choose your phone > From the Manage tab, tap Run health check. Do you see any alerts in red or yellow that need to be addressed? 

Tamara_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Trickey1976

I have done all the tips and changes  that yall have been telling  all your customers and still nothing has fixed my phone!,,,,,,,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Trickey1976, 

It's important to us that your phone works as it should and that you're able to stay powered up all day. So that we can determine what options there are to help, we'll need specific information regarding your phone and what you're experiencing with your battery. You mentioned that your phone is going from 80% to 0% quick. How long does it take for that to happen? Does your phone charge completely to 100%? Prior to the trouble with the battery draining, what changes(new software, new apps, etc.) were made to your phone?

Shawnte_VZW

0 Likes
YOYOSSWEETIE

I've been having the same problem with my phone!! It's so incredibly frustrating. Just the other day, I had 30% or so, took 2 photos with and without the flash and suddenly the phone is dead. When I plugged it in, it charged with the car charger pretty quickly. I tried some of the things already suggested here. I have an app installed that's required for my job and when I ran the Verizon check, it said that the app kept the phone from sleeping. I reported it to the developer to see if they are having any other complaints so we'll see. In the meantime, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app to see if that helped.

On another note, I use the charger supplied with the phone every night and charge the phone to 100% at least twice a day - sometimes 3 times. This was happening before the last 2 updates for the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

YOYOSSWEETIE,

Getting the most of your battery is a mus. I appreciate the steps you've taken. How was your battery life without your work app? Additionally, what happens when you follow the tricks in the following link?

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206404/

Kati_VZW

0 Likes
YOYOSSWEETIE

Thanks for the reply. The app on my phone for work is an absolute MUST!!! I uninstalled and reinstalled and that maybe helped slightly but not enough. I don't have any additional warnings with that app after 11/9 when I checked again. The other solutions you suggested via the link..... NOT helpful at all. I have not changed any other settings that would make my battery die like it's doing now and to turn off the GPS and force stops on apps is unrealistic. I just ran the Device Health Check and I don't have any other warnings.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for completing all those steps, YOYOSSWEETIE. I understand this process hasn't been easy, but I'm happy we're still working together to get this resolved. I know you mentioned you uninstalled the work application, can you tell me how long that application was uninstalled? Outside of the work application are there any other applications that consistently run on your device?

Cheton_VZW

0 Likes