Moto z2 play oreo upgrade anytime soon?
hipaula8
Enthusiast - Level 2

is there any word on the Oreo update for the z2 play?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto z2 play oreo upgrade anytime soon?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello paula.hines8, 

Getting updates from the manufacturer of your phone is something we all look forward to. I'd love to assist you. However, we don't have information on when this will be available. You can stay in the loop here: http://spr.ly/6584DaQyq;

Christina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EDDYHJR71
Enthusiast - Level 2

Motorola's website said for almost an entire year, that Moto Z2 Play Verizon phones would be upgraded to Android 8 (Oreo) "pending partner support."  Now the Motorola website says Moto Z2 Play Verizon will be upgraded to Android 9 (Pie) "pending partner support." Yet we still haven't received the Android 8 (Oreo) upgrade yet.  What gives Verizon?  Why is it that so many other phones, both Motorola and other brands, have already received this update, yet the Moto Z2 Play still has not?  Are we going to be upgraded straight from Android 7 to Android 9 now?  If you are the partner, where is your support on this?  The lack of replies to several posts in this community, and the "canned" copy-and-paste Customer Service responses, speak a lot to how Verizon is treating its customers.  I have been a loyal supporter of this company but a lack of action has made me think about switching to another carrier that will keep up with the phone upgrades in a much more timely manner.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are more partners than Verizon Wireless involved in the process for a system update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
EDDYHJR71
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yet numerous other Moto models with the exact same OS have been upgraded months ago.  Again, unacceptable response.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EDDYHJR71, we certainly don’t want to see you go and appreciate your business. At this time we do not have information regarding the software update for the Moto Z2 Play. If there will be an update you will find the information here http://spr.ly/6587DIWRJ

Tionna_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Verizon Wireless continuously works with device manufacturers to keep devices up to date with the latest features, services, operating systems and security patches. Please tap in the following link to check the latest version available for your device:

http://spr.ly/6580DLRQs

Maria_VZW

0 Likes
hipaula8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm tending to agree with EDDYHJR71.  This isn't the first time I've seen Android roll out updates & Verizon take their time for a certain model of phone.  If I remember correctly, my phone ended up with NO updated OS & I had to upgrade my phones.  What great customer support that is!!  I JUST upgraded to this phone 9 months ago!!  I've been with this company for almost 20 years maybe it's time to go elsewhere.

hipaula8
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is the thing that REALLY BOTHERS ME !!  I go to your link & check for the latest software available for my device & find out that the ONLY Moto z that HAS NOT been upgraded to Android 8 is the z2 play!!  ALL other models have been upgraded including the z3, of course!!  I believe that it's really the ONLY moto product NOT upgraded!!  If I looked & the newest phones were the only ones I wouldn't be so ANGRY but it's literally EVERY phone but mine that's been upgraded!! This is why I may have a new provider in several days!!  Can't believe this!

oscarh
Enthusiast - Level 3

well - besides the OS update - the patch level for z2 play is April of this year - and here it is September.  Does VZW only provide security updates via OS updates?  I believe Google releases Android security updates separate from OS, so how hard is it to acquire the security patches from Google and apply to phones?  Or is security another case of "we get it from Motorola and they have them 'pending partner support.'"?