Moto z4 Battery mod not charging phone states because usb is connected. when it is not
dcb61

I get a notice that my mod is not charging my phone because a usb device is connected, but there is not one then it changes back to moto mod is charging your phone.  keeps glitching back and forth 

how do I make it stop doing this . it just started today

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto z4 Battery mod not charging phone states because usb is connected. when it is not
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning! We appreciate the insights. We recommend you a soft rest for the Mod. Please follow the steps in the link below and let us know how it works.

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-223132/

~Maria Elena

0 Likes
Re: Moto z4 Battery mod not charging phone states because usb is connected. when it is not
dcb61

hello

that response is all well and good.  however I am not having problem with a 5g moto mod.  I am having problem with power pack moto mod .  My phone glitched back and forth while the mod is attached stating it is not charging the phone due to a usb connected to phone, when there is no usb connected to it I did already try resetting the moto mods which did nothing for this issue. I have restarted my phone multiple times
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dcb61-

We are sorry to hear that your phone is not charging with the Moto mod. When did this issue begin? Does your phone charge with a regular charger?

-Angie

0 Likes
Iniquusomega

I have the same problem. For me, it's happened with 2 different battery packs and persists through 2 factory resets. It started a few days ago. There was a system update a few days before that, but I doubt that's the cause. The issue didn't exist for a few days after that. I've also noticed if I don't have a charger plugged in, the USB preferences flicker like something is changing them back and forth.

0 Likes
dcb61

It started the morning of aug 27.  I have reset both the power packs I have and when after several days of waiting to see if the phone would correct itself  I put the mod on again today and it still flickers between saying that the mod is not charging my phone because a usb is connected(which there is not )  and that the mod is charging.   I have 3 separate power pack mods and none of them will work on the phone even though they are showing fully charged, and while attached to the phone I can reset them

yes the phone charges fine on the regular wall and usb  charger and my car incipio charger as well

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there! We're sorry to read that you're having trouble with your Mods. We know it's important to correct this situation, and we'd love to help. Let's try connecting them while in Safe Mode, and see if this helps: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-226075/ Please keep us posted.   ~Aaron

0 Likes
Derekwyant

I am having the same issue. Soft restarts, safe mode, and factory resets do nothing to solve the issue. 

0 Likes
NOE614
Enthusiast - Level 1

So this is Verizon's lame Customer Service suggestion. How does a phone that thousands of people purchased, then purchased the Moto Mod Battery pack in addition and now both are useless. I have a 8 month old Moto Z4 that was working fine with my Moto Mod Battery and the Moto Z4 before that worked and never had an issue.

There is nothing plugged into my USB yet the phone continues to say that there is. I noticed that someone pushed the 5G Moto Mod software to my phone WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, I can't uninstall it, I don't have this Moto Mod and like everyone else on this forum can't charge their phone anymore or use the Moto Mod battery anymore.

I called and spoke to 4 different people, they know absolutely nothing about how to fix it and I'm actually waiting for a call back from June 7th, of course they won't call back.

Now I spent a lot of money on my phone and this MOD and I expect it to work. This company is a criminal enterprise trying to force people to discard perfectly working phones and buy new ones.

Why can't someone push an update for this, people have been complaining for 2 years and you have done absolutely nothing!!

As I push Post on this I'm sending the CEO Hans Vestberg a copy of this post and aske him to look into same.

This is unethical business practices running over average Americans and of course no listens or tries to help.

I'd actually be embarrassed to work for Verizon and be forced to deceive the American public.

So sad that this is what Verizon has come up with to make more money.

Sad excuse for a company and customer service.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to read about this issue and we want to do what we can to try to help you out with getting your accessories to work. When did the accessory last work? Are you still able to charge with USB? ~Peter

0 Likes