Moto z4 touchscreen freezes randomly.
Griffd
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Motorola Z4 will randomly freeze. When it does I can text, but can't place a call nor will it respond to the touch command. Once I was on a call and received a text notification tried to exit the notification but the touchscreen would not respond, the notification  was blocking me from placing  my call on speaker. Replaced the screen protector thinking this may be causing the problem but it still does it randomly. Brought the protector from the Verizon store.

Labels (1)
Re: Moto z4 touchscreen freezes randomly.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Griffd, we want smooth sailing for your Z4. Getting hung up while trying to multi task would certainly become frustrating. Let's work to get to the bottom of this. When did you notice this first began? Do you recall adding any new apps, games or software around the time that this began? Has there been any physical or liquid damage to the phone? When going to the Settings, Storage, what do you see under the Internal shared storage and SD card storage?

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ethankeyboards
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also had problems with basically random applications becoming non-responsive.  Did safe mode, factory reset, same problem.

Disturbingly, I just got a warranty replacement which is exhibiting the same problems.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not what we like to hear. We are here for you. When you performed the Factory Reset, did you restore everything? BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
ixtasis23
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having the same exact issue (frozen touchscreen). I've never had this problem with any other smartphone and it's frustrating, to say the least. This is definitely a proprietary moto z4 issue, either software or hardware. Who knows? I do hope it's software so they can locate the bug and fix it!

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes