Motorola Z2 Play Screen blacks out when making/receiving a call
Alphasig89
Enthusiast - Level 2

Recently I purchased a new Motorola Z2 Play (32GB) model. Whenever I call out or receive a call, the screen goes black and the device becomes basically unusable for a long while until either the phone calls drops, or I pull the SIM card from the device, and then the device goes back to normal. I googled this issue and have seen it as a known issue on some of these devices. It sounds like it might be a software related issue. I have Android version 7.1.1  NDss26, 118-23-19-6 w/Security patch from 4-1-18. IS THIS ISSUE FIXABLE? IF SO, pls enlighten me ... I like the device just would be nice to get the phone working correctly ....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Motorola Z2 Play Screen blacks out when making/receiving a call
Alphasig89
Enthusiast - Level 2

FOLLOW UP: so props to the Verizon Store for helping out w/this issue.

If you happen to have a blue light blocker clear screen (or maybe temp glass or anti scratch) and it's covering the top right sensor on your device this might happen to you too. Once i cut off the plastic covering the sensor the phone works FINE. Problem resolved...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Alphasig89

We definitely want that device to work correctly for you, as well. Have you powered your device off/on since this issue started happening? Let's check the screen time out settings. Please tap Settings>Display>Sleep. Which amount of time for sleep mode have you chosen? 

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I really appreciate you keeping us posted on your findings, Alphasig89. I'm excited to see you found that it was a simple solution to fix those screen difficulties you described. We're always a message away if you need further assistance. 

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Alphasig89
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's fixed! Verizon store pointed out on this model you cannot cover the sensor top right to the left of the camera. So I cut the blue light tempered glass cover in that portion and now no problems. Thx-

amygar
Enthusiast - Level 1

Uncovering the sensor fixed it!!! Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's the news we like to hear. Please tell me, are there any other concerns I can help answer today?   VanetrisC_VZW

0 Likes