My MOTO Z Droid system update has froze.
cemcclain0710

My MOTO Z Droid system update has stopped about a third into the update. I looked in Settings/System Updates and it says "Updated to Android 8.0.0". When I look at  "Settings/System Updates/System Update Status it says "Software not updated to ODNS27.76-12-30-8" "Download failed - September 08, 2018 at 12:17 PM". How do I stop this download or restart it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My MOTO Z Droid system update has froze.
cemcclain0710

This phone finally got on my last nerve. I copied my pics to my pc and exported my contacts to the same. I performed a factory reset using the option to perform a fresh install. It fixed my phone turning itself off randomly throughout the day, quick draining battery, and the download issue. My plan going forward; keep only the last 90 days of pictures on the phone, transfer the older to my pc; Keep only the needed apps on the home screens, and turn my phone off once in a while. Problem solved!

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Re: My MOTO Z Droid system update has froze.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to see that you are having problems updating your Moto Z device. It is important to have the latest software to take advantage of the latest features that it has to offer. The following link will provide the steps to update the phone. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206414/ Please let us know if you have any questions regarding the update process.

VictorC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes