My battery is draining ridiculously fast
GARLAY63

Motor Z Droid is shutting down, sometimes at 56% or 68% or some other amount of charge. Battery is draining fast. I have to take charger in everywhere I go in case I need to use phone. Looks like there's a lot of these phones with the same problem. I've already been talking to Motorola about and have tried the Force reboot and running it in safe mode. Problem persist.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My battery is draining ridiculously fast
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you are having power issues with your device, GARLAY63. I know how important it is to have a working phone. Thank you for the helpful information, and I will ensure your feedback is submitted. Let's look into this further. To clarify, are you using the original charger for this device? Have you completed a software repair? http://spr.ly/6583D73xX Also, did you complete a factory data reset? http://spr.ly/6584D73xk Please keep me updated with this information. 

Gerson_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
xBigPepperx
Enthusiast - Level 2

This new update on Android is the worst thing ever .I used to love Motorola Phones all I've owned. I felt this update was done on purpose because the Motor force was a phone built that could last 10+ years.

I used to get 2 days on one charge now I charge 3 or 4 times a day with basic use.

I will soon be switching to at&t and leaving Verizon and Motorola for good. After 15+ years of having this account I am so over it. Verizon and Motorola need to step up and either fix the issue or replace our devices at no charge. I even had one for my wife and her phone did the exact same thing her phone was also and we had to replace. Got at note 9 which she loves .but I'm sure after a year or so the next update will mess the software up on that one to. It's a racket and we should all switch to T-Mobile or Sprint

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

xBigPepperx,

Hearing that you're considering leaving us is truly saddening. We're sorry to learn that you're having some trouble with the battery draining so quickly since the update so we're here to help. When manufacturers like Motorola create the software for their devices, they intend to create a better user experience, not the opposite. However, updates do change the environment on the phone and not everything we install will play well in that new environment. Let's figure out what's going on and what options there are to help.

To begin, we'll need to gather some information. How long does your phone take to go from 100% to 0% charge? What are you using on your phone during that time? What software version do you currently have installed?

Shawnte_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
xBigPepperx
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I have completely reset my phone. I use it for nothing except

occasionally Internet. 5-10 emails a day. Maybe 200 texts a day and a few

phone calls.

I have only one game on my phone clash Royal and I play it maybe a total of

1 hr in a 24 he period. I used to be able to go 2-3 days on one charge and

now even after the re set if I'm using it it last 2-3 hours tops. I can

squeeze about 8 hours if I leave it in battery saver mode all day. But even

on idel it will drain approx 10% an hour with no use.

Before the update if I put my phone down for an hour it might drop 1-2%

tops.

I don't have an upgrade because I used mine for my wife because her phone

was stolen.

I would consider staying with Verizon if you might could allow me to

upgrade a lil early. She loves the note9 and I am thinking I'd like the

same phone. She gets amazing battery life out of it.

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018, 10:42 AM vzw_customer_support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the detailed information, xBigPepperx. I'm glad to hear that your wife likes and enjoys her new phone. In regards to your phone, did you restore all your information back on after the reset? To really distinguish between a software or a hardware issue, it would be best to factory reset your device, and set it up as new, and then test out the battery. Have you tested your device out while it was in safe mode, which disables all third party applications? 

Joey_VZW

0 Likes
xBigPepperx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I did.thats what I meant when I said the battery was lasting longer.

However now that I've put a couple things back on it. It's back to being

terrible . I really need to know if you guys can allow me to upgrade early. If

not I'm gonna have to just move my account to a new carrier. I definitely

need a new device.

Thanks

Pepper ​[removed]

I mean I think as a valued customer of over 15 years you guys might could

make an exception

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service