One number calls me and I can hear them but they cannot hear me. All other calls are fine.
jeff89pa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Over the last two weeks when I receive a call from one number, which is also a contact of mine, I can hear them but they cannot hear me. 

If I place a call to that same number there is no issue, I can hear them and they can hear me.

We have both rebooted our phones and removed each other as contacts but neither has provided a solution to this.

I am on a Moto Z3 and the person who calls me is on a Samsung Galaxy S10e.

This issue seems to only present itself on incoming calls from this specific number to my number.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: One number calls me and I can hear them but they cannot hear me. All other calls are fine.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure we are able to provide you the best service, let's troubleshot the device and the area. Please send us a Private Note. 

0 Likes
Re: One number calls me and I can hear them but they cannot hear me. All other calls are fine.
Broominator

I have this exact same problem- I have a Moto Z4 and my son has a Galaxy S10E.  If I call him, we can both hear each other, but if he calls me, I can hear him, but he can't hear me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Broominator, We always want our customers to have the reliable device they need. To see that you’re having issues is troubling. Let’s check out what’s going on and see how we can help. 

Have there been any recent updates to your device (software related)? Is this happening intermittently or consistently?  

-Nicci

0 Likes
nlm82

I am also having this issue with my Moto z3, but with two specific callers, both of which are using Samsung phones (models unknown).  Like the others reporting the issue, if I make an outbound call, they can hear me fine, but they can't hear me if I pick up an incoming call.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'll be more than happy to troubleshoot your calling issues. When did this start? Have you powered off and on your device since this issue began? 

-Corey

0 Likes
lrpride
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. I have a Moto Z3 and my husband has a Galaxy S10E.  If I call him, it works fine but if he calls me, I can hear him but he can't hear me. Our local Verizon store thought it was an issue with his phone and gave him a replacement and issue is still not fixed.

Has anyone figured out a solution? Is the issue with the Samsung or the Moto Z?

0 Likes
lrpride
Enthusiast - Level 1

Found the solution on another thread. Turned off the Advanced Calling on the Moto Z3 and it works fine.

jeff89pa
Enthusiast - Level 1

This cleared the issue my wife and I were having when my father tried to call us from his Samsung phone. We always had to call him right back.

Thanks for sharing the solution you found!!

0 Likes
jeff89pa
Enthusiast - Level 1

VZW Customer Support - please see the solution on this thread and add it to your knowledge base.

Thank you.

0 Likes