Re: Oreo Update Ruined Awesome Phone! (WiFi drops, runs hot, shuts down randomly) Verizon Step Up
AU117

This makes perfect sense because two weeks ago was when I noticed my phone acting oddly. I'm trying to type a text or search on google and it adds extra letters that I'm no where near so it's not a typing mistake. When I hit backspace to try and delete the extra letters it doesn't backspace but adds more letters and spaces. It also gets hot when charging now, and randomly vibrates for no reason. I just got this phone in Feb. and it worked perfectly until recently. Very disappointed considering how much it costs.

0 Likes
Re: Oreo Update Ruined Awesome Phone! (WiFi drops, runs hot, shuts down randomly) Verizon Step Up
SCNOTES

I am having the same issues with rapid battery drain and random instantaneous shutdowns from power levels from 30 something percent  to 70 something percent.  All of these problems started after the 8.0.0 update.  It was a night and day change in the performance of my phone.  There were no changes to my apps and no damage to my phone when these issues started  I did a factory reset and it made no difference. 

I have done some searches and there are dozens of threads and hundreds of individuals with the same problems.  PLEASE FIX THE SOFTWARE!!!  It is not a problem with my physical phone, so please don't waste your time or mine by giving me suggestions for battery saver actions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AU117,

This would certainly make it difficult to function within the device. You keyboard is probably the most important part of interacting with the phone.

Are you using a stock keyboard or did you download a third party one from the Play Store? Depending on which it is, you can follow these directions to reset the application cache, which can help with issues like this: http://spr.ly/6581DQe2f

Regarding the vibrations, does this happen when plugged in, or just at random times?

Please let us know if these steps are helpful.

Colin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you have a phone that you can depend on, SCNOTES. It's certainly important for your device to have power when you need it. Thank you for completing the extra step to factory reset your phone, I'm disappointed that you have not seen an improvement in battery life or a fix for your phone powering off. At this time, the most recent update from Google was sent on 7/25 for the Z DROID/Force models. I have sent a private message in order to further assist you. I look forward to your reply.

Lauren_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
STEGRA27

I have the same problem.  Not sure if Verizon is about to lose a customer, or Lenovo...  or both.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stegra27, the last thing we want is for you to think about leaving us. We are here to help make sure your device is working as intended. Please share a few details as to the specific issues you are having with your phone? When did it start? What is the make/model of your phone?

Dolores_VZW

0 Likes
Lyonsden333

When I received the update, it "bricked" my phone. When my phone rebooted, the little Android dude was laying on its side with "No command" written next to him. I tried both a soft and hard reset, and still "no command." I used Software Upgrade and tried to manually install the latest software. It worked, kind of. When I turn it on, it still says "No command", but if I get the phone to the Bootloader and put it in Factory Mode, it works fine. So it works, with 3 steps, but the average person wouldn't or couldn't do all that, rendering it useless. I had just paid the phone off when this happened.

0 Likes
mdbanks87

I have a similar problem. My phone has worked fine for quite some time, but after the recent update, it doesn't make outgoing calls unless I reboot first.

One payment left.

0 Likes