Oreo update.
Scotsara1

Did the update on 1-3-18. And since apps are lagging or shutting down. And battery is deained really fast. I read that to give the apps time how long does it take

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Oreo update.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Scotsara1,

Your update to Oreo should take you a step forward, not backwards. It is true that after any software update, your device takes some time to optimize itself and your apps have to learn how to work in their new environment. Usually, you'd see an improvement in about 2-3 days, but the actual time can vary since many app developers don't update the apps to work with new system updates as timely as we'd all want them to.

So that we can have a better understanding of what you're experiencing, provide us with a bit more information. Are there specific apps that you're having trouble with? How long does your battery last prior to it needing to be charged?

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jdarnell81

I updated the other day as well and now my contacts don't show up when I receive a call from them.  It only shows their phone number, not their name as it did before.  Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Buret4227

I am having the same issue as well.  I can't screen the calls that come in if I can't see if they are in my contacts list or not.  Inbound or outbound calls, it doesn't matter - it is only showing the number, not the name.  I tried to force a stop and disable the Phone app (Phone 10.0) and then re-enable it, but to no avail.  Help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jdarnell81, ensuring that your contacts come back is of the utmost importance. Since this has been happening, have you powered your phone off, taken the SIM Card out for at least 1-2 minutes and then put SIM Card back in and power the phone on again ? Have you tried your phone in Safe Mode to see if the issue still arises? If not, no worries! Here’s how: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205258/ Please keep us posted on the outcome.

TakendraW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important for your caller ID to work properly, Buret4227. I want to make sure we are on the same page. When you mention Phone 10.0, is this in reference to a third party phone app? If so, has the app been updated since your phone was updated to the Oreo OS? Are your calls working properly with the stock phone app as opposed to the third party phone app?

Does this issue only persist for calls? Are you seeing the name for your contact when you receive a text message?

LaurenC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jdarnell81

I have not lost my contact list. It's just when I receive a phone call, my phone only displays the number of the person calling me, even if they are in my contact list. There is no name displayed. If I look at my calendar list after that call, there contact name of the person who called me is listed, so I know my phone is recognizing the call, but the incoming call display does not show the name. As said, it makes it difficult to screen calls a the display treats unknown numbers and my contacts phone numbers the same.

0 Likes
jdarnell81

As to the text question, yes, names show up when I receive a text. This is only an issue with incoming calls.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jdarnell81, thank you so much for those details. I depend on my phone showing the names that are calling. Were you able to try to place the phone into Safe Mode to see if you're still having the same issue? If you're using the Moto Z Force, please follow this link to get the steps on how to put your phone into Safe Mode: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205258/. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jdarnell81

putting the phone in safe mode did not fix the issue.

0 Likes