Re: Oreo update.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jdarnell81,

Thank you for giving that a try. Please have the user perform a Factory Data Reset on the device without restoring any apps, content or inserting any SD Cards into the device. See how to perform the reset here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205215/.

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Angiew79

Since the Oreo update my phone's camera will not open for the rear. It will only open on the front facing camera and the front / rear icon is gone. There is absolutely no way to get the rear camera to open now. The flashlight doesn't work. The icon is there but it won't turn on. The WiFi is very unreliable now. The alarm clock now has to be swiped and the pan has to be entered so I can turn it off when it goes off in the morning now. I used to be able to just roll over and swipe snooze or dismiss. The overall performance of the phone is very jittery now. All in all the phone is a real [removed] now. I can't even type this response out because if I do every other letter I hit the one beside it or below it pops up. This phone is not even 3 months old now and it's ruined by this stupid update. I can't get anywhere on the Lenovo or Motorola forum sites. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated with this. I've tried all the little tricks like restarting the phone clearing the cache and doing a factory reset. Nothing works.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to read about your device issues Angiew79, I know how important the camera can be! We want to help turn this around. You mentioned the steps you covered. One of the steps was a master reset. Can you explain what you mean? We will do everything we can to get your device working.

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes