Phone calling app
mwboh

My phone's calling app was updated yesterday to version 19.0.  Can anyone tell me who controls the updates to my Moto z3?  Google? Verizon? Motorola?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone calling app
mama23dogs
Legend

Look in your phone settings under about phone, and look at the information that was updated and by who in your last update. 

0 Likes
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

@mwboh wrote:

My phone's calling app was updated yesterday to version 19.0.  Can anyone tell me who controls the updates to my Moto z3?  Google? Verizon? Motorola?

For an app update those are controlled via the Google Play Store. Apps are managed via the Play Sore; which can be set to not auto-update if that's what you are asking. You can set your Play Store to not auto-update and then you can decide which apps to update and when. As for the phone operating system (OS) that gets messy & complicated as to who "controls" updates. But you asked about the Phone app and that's thru the Play Store (which is run by Google).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mwboh, we would be happy top help wioth the updates on your device. Once available, a notice will be sent automatically to your device. *Jose

0 Likes