Phone drops from 4GLTE to 3G Intermittently throughout the day even if I have good signal?
ebald009
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recently got a new device a Moto Z2 Play and I will randomly go from 4G to 3G randomly throughout the day or sometimes it will completely lose service all together. I originally though it was the device, and they sent me a new device, but I still have this problem. This seems to happen more so when i get home. Its almost as if my phone nos when i get home because it will randomly go into 3G for a few minutes then go back up to 4G does anyone have any insight into what this could be, and no my area isn't having an outage, and I am under a 4GLTE area.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone drops from 4GLTE to 3G Intermittently throughout the day even if I have good signal?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your new Moto Z2 Play, ebald009! It really is a great device, but I'm sorry you're having these intermittent issues with 3G and 4G. I'm eager to get this resolved. 

You mentioned this mostly happens at home. Do you know about how far from your home, you have to travel before you start getting consistent 4G? Also, how do calls and texts work while you're home? Do you happen to have WiFi at home? 

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
Re: Phone drops from 4GLTE to 3G Intermittently throughout the day even if I have good signal?
ebald009
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes and it doesn't seem to happen to others whom live in the building, and it seem intermittent really its random. I do have WiFi at home, but even with WiFi it seems when it goes to 3G it takes much longer to send and receive texts, and sometimes when people call me they are left with a my phone is not in service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is indeed strange that this seems to happen to others in the building as well, ebald009. Let’s keep working on getting this fixed. When specifically did this issue first start happening? You mentioned this happens more frequently indoors. Is there a pattern to where you see this outside? What zip code are you located in?

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ebald009
Enthusiast - Level 3

Doesn't really seem to be a pattern just happens intermittently the zip code is 17603.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ebald009,

I appreciate the details. I see outages in the area at this time. Let's dive deeper into this. Have you tried to power off and remove your SIM card to refresh the connection? Here's how https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-212817/ 

JuanD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this detail, ebald009. The issue sounds like it is based due to the building itself, and also the surrounding topography and the distance and line of sight to the nearest tower. I recommend that every time you notice an issue with a call, please place a call to #832. Once the recording is heard, you can end the call. This marks calls on our end in the event we need to have the engineers look further into this.

Ebald009, you mentioned that you have WiFi at home. By chance, have you activated WiFi Calling through your Moto? With WiFi Calling enabled, your calls and texts can function through WiFi, (as it supplements your indoor coverage) and can help drastically improve your service experience.

Learn how to activate WiFi Calling through your phone via this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-212886/

(please ensure that HD Voice is active first)

Please keep us posted. Thank you!

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes