Photo contacts on home screen disabled
Kitmu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just upgraded to the Moto z4, and the contacts on my home screen became inoperable.  When I reinstall them from the contacts app, I get a ridiculous version of the photo (too close) and a Contacts app icon superimposed over the photo.  How to I make the original icon (shown on the left below) work again, or how do I make to new icon (on the right look) like the old one?

Screenshot_20191225-152648 cropped.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions

Correct answers
Re: Photo contacts on home screen disabled
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ann154, is correct. This is a system feature, Kitmu. I hope this information helps to provide clarity.

ChakiaH_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Kitmu
Enthusiast - Level 2

For anyone else who's annoyed by this feature, I was able to get around it with Contact Widget Pro, which let me place photo widgets on my home page w/o the Contacts badge.  The text on those widgets doesn't line up w/ the text on the other icons on that line, but it's as close as I can get.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Kitmu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I should also add that I use Action Launcher with the Lumos icon pack, if that makes a difference.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you confirmed the issue occurs when you use the default Motorola UI? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Kitmu
Enthusiast - Level 2

The photo is better (same as the original), but the contacts badge is still there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Kitmu,

I am always personalizing my device, too. Things tend to go more quickly, so I completely understand what you're trying to get done. I'm eager to assist you. However, the device is performing as designed. You do have the option to try a different launcher application, however. Here's a link about customizing your home screen, from the Motorola support page: http://spr.ly/66071kcVF Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns, thanks very much.

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are glad to see that this helped you some. With regard to the device what is the make and model? There should be an option to remove this badge from your device as well. Please provide the device type to better assist with your concerns. JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

We are glad to see that this helped you some. With regard to the device what is the make and model? There should be an option to remove this badge from your device as well. Please provide the device type to better assist with your concerns. JasperM_VZW

The OP provided their model name in their original post. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Kitmu
Enthusiast - Level 2

It doesn't appear to be the launcher since the badge appears in both the native UI and with Action Launcher.  Is this a "feature" of Android 9?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Kitmu wrote:

It doesn't appear to be the launcher since the badge appears in both the native UI and with Action Launcher.  Is this a "feature" of Android 9?

It appears to be a feature. I normally don't use that widget, but I add one as a test and it looked like your image on the right in the original post. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ann154, is correct. This is a system feature, Kitmu. I hope this information helps to provide clarity.

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes