Plans/upgraded 2 smart(er) phone/prices (driving me crazy!)
BRUCEFL56
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had talked to CS earlier the last few months and I have an orbic with a basic 500mb plan. After lengthy discussions I understood, I could upgrade to a newer phone and bought a Motorola  Edge unlocked which seems a great phone. Called Verizon yesterday afternoon and waited 35-40 mins with a lot of aggravation with no answer! Came online and connected with CS in about 4 minus. The person I dealt with was great, but after about 50 mins and several attempts their system would not accept the phone on my plan. I transferred the card simm card and the phone recognized it no problems. After examining everything, it was said that I would have to upgrade to unlimited and go to about 70 or 80 dollars (which did not make me happy seeing my bill is about 34. I was not looking for a free upgrade, but something within reason? I know on some plans I can get 10 off or automatic billing, but was shooting for the 50 range. There is a basic 50 plan I think I see, and if the 10 off for automatic I might get it for 40 (yea I am probably dreaming) anyone have any suggestions. Though changing service might be possible. After about 20 years, you would think they would have a "decent plan" for one person! Also anyone have a fax number to Verizon headquarters. I find it rather incomprehensible not to find a somewhat fair plan. thanks Bruce

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Plans/upgraded 2 smart(er) phone/prices (driving me crazy!)
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The basic plan with 500 MB of data was likely only allowed for a basic phone. You selected to upgrade to a smartphone which would have required switching to a smartphone plan.

Are you a postpaid customer or a prepaid customer? The plans available for postpaid accounts are different from the prepaid accounts. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The basic plan with 500 MB of data was likely only allowed for a basic phone. You selected to upgrade to a smartphone which would have required switching to a smartphone plan.

Are you a postpaid customer or a prepaid customer? The plans available for postpaid accounts are different from the prepaid accounts. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BRUCEFL56
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, all taken care of (at least I hope 🙂 Bruce

0 Likes