Question about WiFi Calling
Vaio165
Contributor - Level 1

Is text messaging part of WiFi Calling? I have no signal so if I turn on WiFi Calling will that work anD receive texts or is it just for calling?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Question about WiFi Calling
Weth
Legend

Texts come through on Wifi calling. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question, Vaio165. We want to make sure you have all the information you need regarding our Wi-Fi Calling feature. Wi-Fi Calling is used to assist in making calls, and does not affect how text messages are sent. So if you are in an area with no signal, regular text messages will not work. You will need to look into an internet based messaging service. Have you always had issues with signal in that area?

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
Vaio165
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you but I can't use WiFi Calling for some reason. I turned it on but calls are not happening over WiFi. I think I saw on your website that under advance calling HD calling has to be on and it is. Then I saw that something has to do with video has to be on and it says that's disabled on my phone. I don't know.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

It has always been my experience that SMS, MMS are sent and received while on wifi calling. There is also plenty of confirmation on the internet when you search Verizon Text Messages on Wifi Calling. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're confident we can get to the bottom of this. Can you please provide more detail as to what happens when you try to use the Wi-Fi calling? Does it switch to going over the cellular network?

MelissaP_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's our priority that we provide you with precise information. If your device does not have cellular signal at a specific time and it's connected to Wi-Fi, you will be able to make calls by enabling Wi-Fi Calling.
You will be able to receive messages as long as you're using an app that uses data such as Verizon Message+.

You can find out more about this app through the following link. https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/apps/verizon-messages/

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

iPhone X (has done it with every iPhone I use), airplane mode on, so no switching over to cellular. Wifi connected, VZW Wifi indicated. 

Phone calls send and receive YES

iMessages (blue) send and receive YES

SMS and MMS messages (green) send and receive YES

Message+ not needed. Works every time. 

0 Likes