Re: Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message.
Nmvesper
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having these problem.  I just muted myself.  Verizon was no help.  They reset my SMS and they're still coming.  I tested the blocked number theory with a friend and it's because a number you have blocked is messaging you.

DeeAC
Enthusiast - Level 2

My husband received your private message and I explained that I'm not receiving these messages, my sister is. Every time I send her a text message. 

You said in your message to my husband that the issue is fixed. I just tried to send my sister a text and I can assure you, it is not fixed. I got another "not delivered" message. Which means, she got nother one of the insufficant funds" messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so sorry to see your sister is still getting this message, DeeAC. 

I know how heavily I use text messagin, so I would love to get to the bottom of this for her.

Can we reach out to your sister to get more details? If so, what is her name and contact number? 

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
Lbmama
Enthusiast - Level 1

My child's phone, an iPhone 6, gets this message daily.  She was receiving lots of spam calls so we blocked the numbers but she keeps getting this message from herself multiple times a day.  Very frustrating. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nmvesper, it's important to us that all of your messages are able to get communicated. We're here to assist. This matter was a known issue associated with our SmartFamily service. As a result, if you're still experiencing this issue a trouble ticket would need to be filed. Can you clarify if you're currently experiencing this issue or was it only occurring with a number that you'd blocked either purposely or on accident?

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting unwanted calls and text messages can become a nuisance very quickly and we would like to help in any way we can. When did the issues start? Is she able to send and receive text messages without issue? 

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes
duppy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got off the phone with a fast talker from Verizon. They have NO IDEA what the issue is and offered to put a spam filter on my phone. I asked them repeatedly HOW it worked and this woman had no clue how it will stop MY NUMBER from texting me about insufficient funds!!! I remember the days when Verizon fixed issues and people understood what they're doing. This is an obvious hack of some sort and they outright refuse to acknowledge it and/or fix it. blockheads!

unstablefable
Enthusiast - Level 1

this is happening to me now as well.

to all the actual humans having this issue (if you don't know): the "customer service reps" in the forums are all bots; verizon obviously dgaf.

the problem isn't your device, or your plan, or if you blocked a number, or if you ate toast for breakfast or whatever other stalling standard responses the bots offer (even though they can understand how difficult it is and certainly want to help! lol); it's an issue with their service (which they are obviously incapable of, or unwilling to, fix considering complaints stretch back to *march*.) 

the only way to fix this problem is to switch your provider, which i am now working on doing (this is far from my first issue with verizon)

money talks and that's all they can hear, so let's take our $$ somewhere else and force them to improve their service. simple ❤️ 

Naneki808
Enthusiast - Level 1

I already had the spam filter on my phone for weeks with no issue getting this message.

The “insufficient” message started appearing after I installed “smart family” app.

Now that “smart” app is having connectivity issues on its own (not so smart), and I’m not getting the message anymore.

Hmmm

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, Naneki808. It's important for your Smart Family app to work correctly, so I understand your concern with the connectivity issues. I'm here to help. I'm glad that your messaging works. There had recently been an issue with messaging that was fixed. Please tell me more the connectivity issues. What happens when you use the app? Are other apps on your phone working normally? Check your private messages so we can start troubleshooting.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes