Software update
Amara85
Enthusiast - Level 2

My husband and I both have the moto z play. We both installed the new update today and immediately after WiFi connection was broken. Phones say they are connected but have no internet. Everything else that uses the WiFi is working fine. Is anyone else having this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Software update
LAULON48
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue - updated loaded late last night; have tried restarting my phone, re-signed in to my wifi account, and checked all my settings. Nothing has fixed it, and all other devices in my house are on wifi with no problem.

0 Likes
Amara85
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm on hold with Motorola now. Contacted Verizon and my ISP and both say

it's the phone or update.

0 Likes
chardeck

Have had nothing but issues on my z2 with that last update. My home wifi bops on and off but biggest problem i've had is can't hang up calls. When I answer, the "incoming call ignore/answer" remains on screen, I don't care if i've already been talking for 2 hours...just keeps telling me so and so is calling, asking me to ignore or answer. When done talking, I have to tell other party to hang up because I have no option to do so. Have even tried to do the ignore while talking but the call stays connected.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m disappointed to see you have all been running into trouble with your Wi-Fi since the last update. I know how important that connection is to manage your data usage and want to be sure we find a solution. If you turn off Wi-Fi, are you able to access cellular internet and place calls successfully? Have you been able to successfully connect to other Wi-Fi connections since the update? Also, please let me know the Build Number you see when following these steps: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206489/

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Amara85,

Updating software on the phone should be an easy task with enhancements that will help improve the experience with your device. I am concerned to hear that was not the case with your phone, but we will work to get this resolved for you. I see the steps you have taken to try to resolve this issue and we do thank you for listing them for us. Have you tried to complete a factory reset of the phone to see if that helps? Was this something that was suggested by Motorola when you reached out to them for assistance?

Thank you
CandiceH_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LAULON48
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi - I am able to access wifi when I'm at work and some stores that have wifi, but cannot get on at home. I checked the build number - it is NDNS26.118-23-12-7. I was on the help forum through Motorola's website, and it looks like quite a few people have had the same issue since this update. Thanks!

LAULON48
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did some more digging on the Motorola forum, and found a post to change the wifi settings from WPA to WPA-2. I did that on my  home wifi, and it seems to have fixed the problem. I am currently able to connect to wifi at home, will advise if it does not continue.

Amara85
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is the update causing it. The problem is in the communication between

your phone and your modem. You'll need to contact your ISP and most likely

have your modem replaced as it is the issue. Ours, the modem was out of

date so the new update clashed with the out of date firewall and thus

wouldn't connect. Hope this helps.