Stop text message preview on lock screen
suzcat

I have a moto z force droid phone and when I get a text message it shows a preview of the message on the lock screen.  It use to only show an alert in the status bar and not a preview of the message.  Is there a way of turning off this preview?  I have tried ever setting in Notifications both in system settings and Message+ settings but to no avail. Also, I have rebooted the phone after each change but again to no avail.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Stop text message preview on lock screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@suzcat

I understand your desire to not allow your text messages to preview on your device’s lock screen. Please allow me to assist.

Here’s a link with instructions how to change the “Lock Screen Notifications” on your Moto Z Force: http://vz.to/2DC45qI. Please let me know how that works out for you.

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
suzcat

No, this did not answer my question. When I clicked on the link, I got “An unexpected error has occurred”. See attached screenshot.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you attached the screenshot to an e-mail reply, it won't post.  You have to sign into the community forum, navigate to the discussion thread, and reply directly.

The link works for me:

Lock Screen Notifications - Moto Z Droid Edition / Force | Verizon Wireless

Lock Screen Notifications - Moto Z Droid Edition / Force

Note The lock screen notification setting defaults to:

• "Don't show notifications at all" if a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync® account is set up on the device.
  • "Show all notification content" for all other users.
  1. From a Home screen, navigate: Apps icon Apps icon > Settings Settings icon > Notifications (Device section).
  2. Tap the Gear icon Gear icon located in the upper-right.
  3. Tap On the lock screen then select an option:
    • Don't show notifications at all
    • Show all notification content
0 Likes