Talk to me feature on my Motorola droid force Z
scalin1108

The "talk to me" feature has always worked just fine on my Droid phone until the last update.  Now i can hear calls but cannot hear texts.  I was able to hear both through my bluetooth in my car before.  One of the most important features to me on this phone as I do alot of traveling.  How do I fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Talk to me feature on my Motorola droid force Z
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi scalin,

Of course we want you to have the features you use most to be convenient for you. I use my Bluetooth in the car all the time. Though I hear a ring when someone calls, I am not able to hear text messages. I also don't see them on the screen in my car.  I checked my references and I see that a security patch was added to this update. What you describe was affected by the update, and is for safety reasons. Does that make sense?

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
irag

Similar problem. Talk to me based on location stopped working after reboot. Does not show the symbol that talk to me is on. Still works when connected in car. Verizon support and store were both unable to get it working based on location. verified that location was being detected by doing an add new place and replacing existing location. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The good news, irag, is that it appears you’re not the only one in this predicament. I found this thread over on Motorola’s forum describing the same: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Force/Moto-talk-to-me-based-on-location-stopped-working/td-p/423...
Do you find there’s success using this feature when placing your device in safe mode?
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205258/

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes