Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taxes not refunded after I returned broken phone
kcsicaek

i had a Motorola Droid and it never worked correctly. I had insurance on it. Therefore, Verizon sent me a "new" phone. Only it wasn't new. It was refurbished. By the time I figured out how to transfer all of my files, contacts, etc to the "new" phone, I was late sending back junk phone. However, Verizon did receive the phone and did credit my account the approximately$800, this was the amount Verizon claims the junk phone was worth. In reality, I paid $100 for the phone and it never worked. However, Verizon did NOT refund me ANY of the taxes that the had no problem charging me for the "$800" junk phone. My question is this, "How do I get my money back?". Tax on $800 is around $50. I don't know about you, but I am retired and I live on Social security, and fifty dollars is a lot of money to me. So.....Verizon, how do I get you to credit my account the sales tax money that you charged me, that you now, owe me. Please do not tell me it's a state thing or a restocking fee. You are not going to restock that phone, nor are you going to fix it. I am quite sure you have tossed into the trash by now. Also, I know it's not a state problem with the taxes. Therefore,  could you please, without delay, credit my account the sales tax that you inadvertently charged me for a phone that was not worth even $100, a phone that you, Verizon, claim to be worth $800. Now, come on, Verizon, you know, I know, and everyone else knows that the phone wSnt worth one cent. Anyway, you got it back and good luck getting any money for it, let alone almost $800. The only thing I am asking , at this point, is for Verizon to credit my account with the sales tax that was charged on my account, that never should have been. I should ask for interest. If you dilly dally, I may.....so ....please get on it, Verizon. Thank you in advance, for your prompt attention in remedying the credit to my account.

Sincerely,

kcsicsek

0 Likes
Re: Taxes not refunded after I returned broken phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We can certainly help with any questions you have for us. Was htis replacement done using your insurance? Was this a charge you received for not sending the defective device back in time?

*Ellisandra

0 Likes