Transferring Contacts from Orbic to Motorola Edge?
BRUCEFL56
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just changed to a Orbic to a Motorola Edge 2021, transferred the simm card from one to the other. How do I transfer my contacts to the Motorola Edge?

Tried a few ways Edge says, but do not work? Am I going to have to transfer everthing manual? I would like to transfer messages also (nothing I have is on the cloud. Thanks Bruce

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Transferring Contacts from Orbic to Motorola Edge?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for updating us on the model. I know the importance of getting your contacts over and congratulation on the new Smartphone!. Here is a link on how to transfer contacts from a 4G Basic Phone to a Smartphone. -Yale

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to transfer your information to your new phone, BRUCEFL56. We are here to help you. What model Orbic phone do you have? 

There are a few models and the process is not the same for all of them. 

-Steven

0 Likes
BRUCEFL56
Enthusiast - Level 3

RC2200L

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@BRUCEFL56 wrote:

I just changed to a Orbic to a Motorola Edge 2021, transferred the simm card from one to the other. How do I transfer my contacts to the Motorola Edge?

Tried a few ways Edge says, but do not work? Am I going to have to transfer everthing manual? I would like to transfer messages also (nothing I have is on the cloud. Thanks Bruce

The Orbic model you listed is a basic phone. The Motorola Edge is a smartphone. If you didn't have VZW Backup or Verizon Cloud with your Orbic, you will have to manually transfer your contacts to the new smartphone. If you did have either of those backup options, you should have been able to upload them to your MyVerizon account online from the Orbic while it was still activated on the Verizon Wireless network. Once the contacts are stored in your MyVerizon account online, you could export them to a CSV file and then you could import them into your Gmail account associated with the smartphone. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

As mentioned above there is no automated easy way to transfer contacts from a basic phone to a smartphone. Using Verizon cloud is one option, but there is an easier better option in my opinion. Make all of your contacts a Google Contact using your computer, or new smartphone. You will have to add them manually at first, but once saved as a Google contact they will always sync with any new phone you buy on any network. Once they are saved as Google contacts you can easily import them into any new phone in the Contacts app as soon as you sign in with your Gmail account. You can manage & edit your contacts from your phone or from a computer and they are always in sync on any phone you use.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for updating us on the model. I know the importance of getting your contacts over and congratulation on the new Smartphone!. Here is a link on how to transfer contacts from a 4G Basic Phone to a Smartphone. -Yale

0 Likes