Unable to hear other person via Bluetooth
SHNAYDEA

I have a Moto Z droid. Starting in early July I have been unable to hear the other party during phone calls when my phone is connected to Bluetooth. They can hear me, but I can not hear them. I have experimented with 3 vehicles and the issue repeats itself, and I have tried other phones with the same vehicles without a problem. This appears to have occurred right after my phone was updated to the newest software update and mirrors the issues described here. Why can't hear people on call while using bluetooth - Moto Z Force?

Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to hear other person via Bluetooth
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

We definitely want to make sure that you can connect your Moto Z to your car SHNAYDEA .  Are you only having issues when connecting to your car?  Have you attempted connecting another bluetooth device?

Keep us posted.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
SHNAYDEA

Hi yarelim_vzw

As I mentioned, I have successfully connected to 3 separate vehicles and am able to play music through all 3 as well as other bluetooth enabled speakers. The only time the issue presents itself is if I attempt to make a call or attempt to receive one via the bluetooth device. (I also came into a local verizon location and they were able to replicate the issue using a UE speaker)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for confirming SHNAYDEA. Let's continue working towards a resolution. When you are on a call, does the phone show connected if you go in to your Settings and choose Bluetooth? If you put your device in Safe Mode http://vz.to/2ijnQWb , does the issue persist?

0 Likes
Power247
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have just started having this issue on my Moto Z Force.  The phone connects to headphones/vehicle and plays music but I cannot hear line ringing or the other person talking on phone calls.  Headphones and vehicle bluetooth work fine with other phones.  I tried booting in safe ode but issue persists.  any other things i can try?  Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are able to hear all of your calls when they come in. I would be concerned if my phone were acting this way as well. With regard to your device has there been any recent updates prior to this happening? Are you able to hear the phone ring when not connected to blue tooth, headphones, or your vehicle?

Power247
Enthusiast - Level 2

Than you for the reply.  Yes, phone calls work perfectly when using just the phone.  It is just when connected via Bluetooth that I have issues.

0 Likes
Power247
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, no updates that I am aware of.  and no new apps installed either.

0 Likes
Power247
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, I verified that my Bluetooth headsets work as expected on my wife's LG Verizon phone.

This morning I decided to perform a factory reset on my Moto to see if that would resolve my issue but it has not.  The phone appears to properly connect to Bluetooth devices but I get no phone audio on my end.

Is it possible my phone is now defective?  It has performed flawlessly for the last 11 months.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You have certainly completed the right steps to try to resolve the Bluetooth issue, Power247. I would like to make sure that you have a phone with a fully working connection. I have sent you a private message so I may further assist you. I look forward to your reply.

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!