Update messes up camera
ALUDW003
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just installed new update and the camera no longer takes full widescreen shots. The area under the shudder button is blacked out as well as the side where the flash options are. This is a very negative feature of the newest update. (8/29/17)

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Update messes up camera
BookEmDano82
Enthusiast - Level 2

Go into your camera settings and see if you are taking photos in full rez (21mp w/4:3 aspect ratio) or 16.1mp with 16:9 aspect ratio. I like the widescreen photos too so i use 16.1mp.. cant see the difference between 16.1 and 21 anyways

View solution in original post

BookEmDano82
Enthusiast - Level 2

Go into your camera settings and see if you are taking photos in full rez (21mp w/4:3 aspect ratio) or 16.1mp with 16:9 aspect ratio. I like the widescreen photos too so i use 16.1mp.. cant see the difference between 16.1 and 21 anyways

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ALUDW003, we appreciate your feedback regarding the recent change to the camera on your Moto Z Force Droid. In review of the latest update details; there is no mention of a change to the camera. We want to investigate this further for you. Are you currently using the original camera application or a third-party app to assist with taking pictures? Can you please confirm the current software version on your device by going into Settings > About Phone > Build Number? Do you have the same results in Safe Mode? http://vz.to/2estTdJ

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ALUDW003
Enthusiast - Level 1

The settings for some reason defaulted to a different aspect ratio (4:3), so it was a quick fix! Back to wide shot now. Thank you!!!!

0 Likes