Verizon Moto z2 Force DROID Android Pie Update is rolling out
capster
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Wireless' System Update Page shows 7/26/29 (tomorrow) as Release Date

This Droid-Life.com article tipped me to the update about 20 minutes ago: Verizon Moto Z2 Force Gett...

I've hit \settings\system update about 5 times or so in the last 30 minutes and so fare the update hasn't shown up.  Has anyone else had the update appear on their phone yet?

Jim Capraro

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Moto z2 Force DROID Android Pie Update is rolling out
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s understandable to want to be one of the first to get exciting updates, such as the one to Pie, caster. We’re here to help. You posted this a couple days ago, and since then, the update has rolled out. Just to be clear, it’s a security patch rather than a complete change to Pie. Have you been able to successfully install this patch?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
lherrou
Enthusiast - Level 1

I haven't received the update OTA, so I also tried using the Verizon Software Update Tool, which also told me that my device is up-to-date (ODXS27.109-34-17-3-5). But even if we are still in the OTA roll-out phase, shouldn't the tool allow me to update?

0 Likes
legasus233
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Pie update was listed on the VZW Moto Z2 Force support pages a few days ago but has since been removed and now only lists the April 30th security patch update we already received.  I am really hoping things don't get messed up out of this update like Moto did to ATT, Sprint, and TMobile.

0 Likes
lherrou
Enthusiast - Level 1

Actually, just got the OTA update notification! So maybe we're getting it after all 🙂

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lherrou, we're glad you finally got the Android Pie update on your Moto z2 Force. Since Android software updates are rolled out in batches, as a new software update becomes available it won't immediately be available via the Software Upgrade Assistant. The Software Upgrade Assistant is primarily used if the update fails to install over the air. Does this provide clarity?

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
msmith7305

I have not gotten the Android Pie update at all.

My phone shows Android 8.0.0

ODXS27.109-34-17-3-5

Security Patch Level February 1, 2019

Why is this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

msmith7305,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to hear you haven't received the latest software version on your Moto Z2 Force. It's important you have the latest software on your device and I'll be happy to help. Updates are vital to ensure your device runs smoothly. These updates are sent in batches based on the serial number of your phone. If you haven't received an update, this just means the update hasn't been pushed out to your device's batch. Are you experiencing any issues with your phone?

JuanD_VZW

0 Likes
msmith7305

No issues with my phone.

What you are saying is that it is not released to all the phones at once? So, it's on the way at some point?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is an important consideration mssmith7305 and we want you to have all the important details regarding your device. That is correct when a software update rolls out, it is not rolled out to every device at once, at the same exact moment. We do not have an exact date to share with regard to when you will receive the update, I apologize. However, you can stay up to date with the latest software here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/ I hope this helps.

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes