Was promised a free phone but I am getting charged $20/mo
KABBY

My hubby transferred from another carrier -- when we visited the Verizon store to complete this and upgrade my personal Verizon number to a phone I had previously purchased through work, we were promised a "free phone" (the Moto Z) because he was transferring from another carrier.  So far (2 billing cycles) I am still paying for the phone.  When will I be credited the $20 per month?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Was promised a free phone but I am getting charged $20/mo
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The bill credits can take 2 to 3 billing cycles after purchase to be applied to the bill. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

So sorry to hear about the missing promotional credits, KABBY. We are delighted to hear that you made the switch and it is concerning to hear about the missing credits. It's vital we get to the bottom of this together and I'm happy to look into this further for you. We'll need some more details so that we can best assist. Please check your Private Note so that we can fully address this concern.

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
Bethwadmancobb

I was seriously scammed as well...and to top it all off the joker at the verizon booth at Cosco told me I could get a bogo free on any phone even iphone. When I told him I was a single mother of three boys, that I could not afford 2 lines, he asked "Why would I leave here with one phone when I could have 2 for 1.00 more. I told him that I could not afford it but the promises when on and on. Then the stories about his personal life, his career at Verizon all part of the scam.  I feel like such a fool! He said keep the phone line on for 3 months until they reimburse you for the phone then cancel it. He also said also told me I had to wait three months. When I called about the phone bill on numerous occasions the verizon customer service agents  continually told me I would see the credit the following month. So I waited and waited, now I finally was told today by an agent that I never had a buy one get one, and they never had a promotion for the bogo on the Note 8 in January! Now I am stuck with 2 phone lines at 250.00 a month..Im devasted and I am late struggling to pay this bill and have even been shut off. I think it is horrible that Verizon has no control over anyone who wears their shirt! 

0 Likes