When will my sons phone be compatible w/Family Base Companion App
LIYANKEEFAN
Enthusiast - Level 1

My son has a Motorola Moto Z Droid, which runs on the Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 OS.  I understand that it is not currently compatible, but is this being worked on?  I find that why pay a monthly fee for something I cannot use to is fullest capabilities?  I don't see anything anywhere that they are working on a fix for this.  The whole reason I signed up with Verizon was because of this feature, and I can't use it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When will my sons phone be compatible w/Family Base Companion App
tlstewart
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was told, by the most Knowledgeable Verizon Tech, Oh...make sure the phone has all the latest updates, Google is the latest version, Google Play is the latest version, Family Base is the latest version....and all should be Good to Go!........NOT!!!! So Verizon Chat said to call Verizon Android Support to get additional help. Number he gave me was for a realty Business! UGH! Grr! Can we start a Facebook Hate Page or maybe a Class Action Lawsuit against Verizon?! That sounds reasonable, after all, I bought the phone with the sale reps assurance that Family Base would give me ALL the controls that I wanted........Bull!

LIYANKEEFAN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Its quite telling that there in no response to my question.  I like the class action lawsuit idea!  As you stated, I purchased the phone because of this app as well, and was assured of course it works with ALL the phones.  what a joke.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, Tlstewart. We are aware of the issues with the newest updates and Family Base's companion app. We are working with the developers to get this resolved as soon as possible with no release date set at this time. I do apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused you. Are you able to return the device within the 14 day Worry Free Guarantee program?

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CONNIEVIZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Someone who is knowledgable enough should start the class action!
This is ridiculous

0 Likes
SUELAWRENCE

We just upgraded to the LG 6 and had to cancel Family Base because it is not compatible with "any" phone other than the 4 series. This app has not been updated since 2014...per a Verizon employee.

Had the LG 6 for a bit over 2 weeks and almost out of DATA. We are a family of 4 that shares 10G and have never gone over 4G total combined in any month. Since we can't lock the data limits anymore, our 15 year old is having a field day. So will his bank account at $15.00 for each GB he goes over. Allowance will be going away. Seriously, get the Family Base app updated. My co-workers that are on different carriers have similar apps that are updated and work with ALL phone models.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SUELAWRENCE, I use FamilyBase for my dependents as well. I do want to clarify things for you. Only basic devices and Android devices using the Marshmallow operating software are restricted from using the feature. You can find out more about that under Compatibility with Plans, Features and Devices here >  http://vz.to/2tSAd3c

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes