Re: Why do my incoming calls say 'UNKNOWN NAME' instead of the number?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Alt0012, this is never the experience we want you to have. Making sure the Call Filter app is working as it should is vital. Allow us the opportunity to further investigate the details. Can you please clarify if all of your incoming phone calls are impacted? Have you switched to the Premium Call Filter? May we have the Make/Model of your device?

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
massachusetts1
Enthusiast - Level 1

TionnaB_VZW, 

Yes, I am, but I have learned from the thread how to resolve it, by removing the Call Filter Plus trial. I'll let you know if that doesn't fix it but I'm guessing it will.

But whatever the solution is, I suggest removing whatever feature is causing it—at least in Massachusetts—because it prevents area codes from being displayed on iPhones, and the governor is requesting that people answer calls from certain area codes.

0 Likes
fitz2ferns
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem! When I contacted a representative, he said I would have to pay to have this go away, which like everyone else on here agrees is ridiculous. Has this issue been solved for anyone on here???? 

jberger95
Enthusiast - Level 1

@vzw_customer_support 

This has been happening for several months; I do not recall exactly when the issue began occurring. This happens on every one of the calls I receive from any number that I do not have saved as a contact on my phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do want you to have the option you are looking for, jberger95. We are here for you. 

Typically, if the Call Filtering app is enabled on your phone, that is what is stating that the call is from an unknown source. You can simply shut that app off and the calls will default to showing just the number https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-call-filter/#unsubscribe

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
ahaunani
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don't do it.  I have the premium call filter and experience the same Unknown Name issue.  It didn't start showing up that way until I added the premium call filter.  

mzuppo

everyone is having the same issue. it's all calls that are from numbers not saved. phone used to say it 'may be' and a name or just the number showed up.

0 Likes
janoss
Enthusiast - Level 1

Simple, Verizon does not want you to know if Spammers or telemarketers are calling you. They most-likely have a business agreements with them to allow them to prey on the  Verizon customers. Follow the money.

janoss
Enthusiast - Level 1

If it is resolved, Post the solution here.

0 Likes
Sstingu

On Wednesday my calls were coming in normally. On Thursday, every call was unknown. I never had a caller ID app, did not make any changes to my account, never shut off my phone, and didn’t update Verizon stuff. what is happening?? I work for a doctors office and it’s very important that I be able to see the numbers, especially in these times. 

0 Likes