Why hasn't Verizon updated the Moto Z2 Play to Oreo yet?
JosephARG
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why hasn't Verizon updated the Moto Z2 Play to Oreo yet? I was promised that it would be updated soon, so I trusted your sales people and now nothing...I noticed many of the other carriers have their Moto Z2 play phone updated already...What's the deal?

Labels (1)
Re: Why hasn't Verizon updated the Moto Z2 Play to Oreo yet?
EDDYHJR71
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon's silence and lack of response to your question speaks volumes.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The thread wasn't marked as a question. Generally only discussion threads marked as a question will eventually get a response from a VZW rep. However, none of the reps would be able to answer this particular question as they don't have any knowledge about when or if system update are scheduled for a particular device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

EDDYHJR71
Enthusiast - Level 2

So what your saying is Verizon doesn't moderate these boards at all?  Or read/respond to a question unless it's "marked" as a question?  If that's the case, that's unacceptable.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

EDDYHJR71 wrote:

So what your saying is Verizon doesn't moderate these boards at all? Or read/respond to a question unless it's "marked" as a question? If that's the case, that's unacceptable.

They moderate the forum for things pertaining to the Terms of Service here. They don't actively post status updates for phone software updates. The reps that roam this community forum are the same ones that you reach when you call customer service. They don't have access to the group that handles the phone updates and testing of those updates. Even if they had knowledge of the updates they are bound by a DND agreement and can't divulged the information to the public.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This site is meant to be a peer to peer public community forum and not a direct link to Customer Support.

0 Likes
EDDYHJR71
Enthusiast - Level 2

With all this knowledge, you must work for or be a previous employee of the company?  I think it's a very legitimate question to ask why so many other phones have received the update, including several Moto phones with the exact same OS, including several of the specific Moto Z line, including several Moto phones that were released well after the Z2 Play, yet this specific model lags behind with no indication from anyone as to why.  Everything online from nearly an entire year ago indicated that Z2 Play would get Android 8, and now everything online from nearly a month ago indicates Z2 Play will get Android 9 (despite the fact that it hasn't even received 8).  As a customer who paid several hundred dollars for the phone, and pays nearly $100 dollars a month for my service (and I like the fact that VZW has the best network by far and have paid up for that for years)..I believe that the company should be more receptive and responsive.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The graphics is from HTC, but it applies to all the phone manufacturers. HTC Software Updates Process | HTC United States

Smash591
Enthusiast - Level 2

So for the curious, how do we, the owners, find out where our update is stuck or died at.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

EDDYHJR71 wrote:

I believe that the company should be more receptive and responsive.

Verizon has not been very forthcoming with android update information for as long as android have been in existence. This practice is VERY unlikely to change. If getting timely updates are a priority for you, you should stick with the Pixel line of phones as they will ALWAYS be the first ones to get these updates. Both my Pixel and Pixel 2 have been on Android 9 well over a month now.

0 Likes