Why is my phone saving unwanted images?
idgyedgy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Droid Moto Z Play & I keep finding images in my photo album that I did not take or download.  It sometimes happens after I play a game like Words with Friends or Trivia Crack, if there are advertisements (I never click on the advertisements, I just let them play until I get the option to skip the ad).  Neither of these games have permission to access my camera or storage/photo albums.  I have purposely not played any games on my phone for the past few days, but I'm still getting strange images saved to my phone.  Today there were 20 or more that looked like stickers found in Facebook Messenger (like the Pusheen cats & Facebook foxes, etc) & I have not used any of those for months. 

Is there a setting I need to change?  Does anyone know why this is happening?  I searched the topics here, but couldn't find anything that addressed this problem.

Any help would be appreciated Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is my phone saving unwanted images?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

idgyedgy

Unwanted photos and images on your phone can be concerning. When installing application you are giving it permission to access different parts of you phone. We may want to check to see what permissions are granted. We can do this by going into Settings>Apps. Select the app you believe these images are coming from. Next you will want to select Permissions and enable/disable the different permissions as you see fit.

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
idgyedgy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, that does not fix my issue.  As I explained in my original question, none of these games have permission to access my camera or photos/storage.  I double checked after reading your response, but they still have no permissions allowed.  I have been checking my photos before & after I play the games, and they always show up after I've played & had to watch ads at the end of my turns.  That explains those, but not the ones that showed up when I stopped playing on my phone & played on my Kindle instead.  Those were the messenger pictures that appeared out of nowhere, since I haven't used them in months (and probably never on this phone).

Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

idgyedgy

Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing that issues with those application photos. Being that this issue is being caused by third party apps, the best option would be to uninstall the application(s) that are putting those images on your phone. If you do not wish to remove the apps you can reach out to the developer of those apps for further assistance.

EdwardL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes