Re: Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
efarm

I am nearly 80 and have zero interest in setting up social media accounts. One last suggestion: Message me at my account phone number and I'll attach screenshots to the reply. If that's not doable I guess, after endless hours of chat and community troubleshooting, I've exhausted Verizon's ability to make my $500 phone fully functioning. All that's left will be to backup the phone and send it to Motorola while still under warrantee with copies of the many pages of chat and community exchanges that led to this dead end. Worst case I'll write off Verizon and the phone and try another carrier. Consider adding at the point of purchase that a condition of tech support is subscribing to social media. Finally, if left with no better alternative, I'll do what I can to shame Verizon into making good my substantial loss.

0 Likes
efarm

Didn’t mean to be unkind or unappreciative of support’s efforts slogging through hours of troubleshooting, but my phone still has no working hotspot. Last Saturday in a 3-4 hour chat I was led through every step for both the phone and computer. I then did the safe mode and physical damage checks. I have a copy of that. Also authenticated and confirmed provisioning. Glad to make a reasonable effort via email or message tp supply screenshots or whatever, but it’s probably time to back up the Z-4 and send it to Motorola while still warranted. A year ago Motorola replaced without charge my Verizon Z-2 that failed but I had already bought the Z-4. I can reactive the Z-2 while awaiting Motorola’s evaluation of the Z-4. In addition to the Z-4’s hotspot issue its SIM card tray will not open so Verizon will need to supply a card to activate the Z-2. Can that be done at the local Verizon store? If not, how to I proceed?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for taking my call, David. I am glad that we were able to update the Hotspot password and determne we needed to select Network Key instead of the router PIN. Please feel free to reach out if you need any additional support!

YaleK_VZW

0 Likes