answer calls when phone is locked
zacoo801

8/10 times I get a call, if my phone is locked, I can't answer it. It will show the little phone in the top left corner indicating that I'm getting a call, by my screen just stays black. Sometimes I'm able to unlock the phone with my finger print, but the screen remains black when I do that too.

The only time I'm able to answer is occasionally after fidgeting with my screen and lock button over and over the contact picture/number of the caller will appear on screen as it's supposed to and I'm able to answer. But as I mentioned before, 8/10 calls I'm unable to answer.

It's really inconvenient because I've missed multiple important calls and haven't been able to call back because I don't have the extension for the person who tried to reach me.

I have a Motorhome Z Play Droid and this issue started after the most recent Android update.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: answer calls when phone is locked
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, zacoo801, for taking the time to reach out to us and provide us with this information pertaining to your Moto Z Play Droid. We want to ensure all of our options are reviewed to get this fixed.When the Moto z phones having a black screen error, the first thing you should do is to restore the important files from the phone To rescue your Moto z phones files, you can turn to the software- Broken Android Data Extraction, a powerful program to extract data from broken or damaged Android device. To start, let's confirm these details. Please make sure you're not using a phone case/cover that may block the proximity sensor. Also, let's test the proximity sensor in Device Help app > Fix > Hardware > Proximity Sensor. Please let me know. Also, Have you tried the hardware test for that sensor that's built into the Device Help app.  Device Help > Fix > Test Hardware.  Let us know if your device is able to pass the Hardware Test. Last, could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as welL.

0 Likes